cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost

I have purchased boost today so I can watch on two devices but it isn’t working yet , how long do you have to wait for it to be activated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@commanda6 

Indeed - I have committed the cardinal sin of going from my own limited experience, instead of the complete rules as written 😢

In the very helpful link you posted, it states the rules:

If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.

If you added Boost via your Smart Stick, Box, smart TV, PlayStation or Xbox, your account will update straight away and you won't need to do anything.

So the four hours is only(?) applicable after signing up for Boost on the website, and not doing the sign out/sign in on the App.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Minutes at most.

Does it show up under Account Details for you? 

Might be worth logging out on any device you are currently logged in on, see if it then shows up, though this oughtn’t to be necessary.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sometimes @RoyB  . It can take up to 4 hours for the account changes to take effect when you have brought boost unless you sign out and sign back in again. This is because some devices only do a complete re-sync of your account parameters every 3 to 4 hours , but on some devices the purchase of boost will take effect instantly

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
RoyB
Legend

@commanda6 

Indeed - I have committed the cardinal sin of going from my own limited experience, instead of the complete rules as written 😢

If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.

If you added Boost via your Smart Stick, Box, smart TV, PlayStation or Xbox, your account will update straight away and you won't need to do anything.

So the four hours is only(?) applicable after signing up for Boost on the website, and not doing the sign out/sign in on the App.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB wrote:

@commanda6 

That's not too much of a sin @RoyB we all done it occasionally. On the plus side though @Anonymous User has ended up with more useful information than they would have otherwise😀

The article certainly does make it sound like that if you purchase boost through the app, then the changes take effect immediately. Whilst at the same time not making it entirely clear. This is one of those 'clear as mud' situations. Perhaps this is a question for @Simon-J to answer.

I would also suggest as well as 'Now' hardware that if boost is purchased on a Roku, then the changes will take effect immediately. The reason being is that traditionally now and Roku has worked in very much the same way as it does on 'Now' hardware as now hardware is after all Roku powered or am I applying a little bit too much logic to this situation.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Keep in mind that if you do sign up for boost. It can take up to 4 hours for the account changes to take effect unless you sign out the now app and sign back in again

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

EDIT

also see @RoyB 's post above😀