cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Boost

So disappointed with NOWTV that they are charging £5 per month on top of everything else just so that users can watch on more than one device.  Been a member now for 8 years, spent a fortune, been a valued customer but it's not enough for them.  Just another way to make more money!  How many homes have only one person watching at any one time?  And just in time for the school holidays when the kids will be watching during the day too...  Well I'll have to set up a rota then 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Down to "cancelling" my memberships and 9/10 getting discounts thrown at me. 

If I don't, then I try it another day. 

Can't remember the last time I paid full price for movies and entertainment. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is no point in creating another thread for this topic, it’s been discussed to death already.

The fact of the matter is Comcast is a US company who owns Sky therefor NOW. All they are doing is pushing their business model onto the Sky owned markets it owns. 
No doubt it’ll be pushed into Germany, Austria and Italy. 

Either way I’m paying £9 a month for my membership which consists of Boost, Entertainment and Cinema. Still night and day cheaper than full blown Sky. Which I made the switch from to NOW around 8 years ago. 

Cancel, cancel, cancel, keeping the “cancellation” to get discounts and it will make zero difference. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I'm more hoping they finally give the remaining sports channels 50FPS support with the additional charges to boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I didn't know any of that. How are you getting all three of those for £9 per month?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Down to "cancelling" my memberships and 9/10 getting discounts thrown at me. 

If I don't, then I try it another day. 

Can't remember the last time I paid full price for movies and entertainment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Julie,

I'm new to NOW broadband, and noticed your recent post.. I don't understand why you've stayed with NOW TV for 8+ years when their charging extra for devices because there are plenty of other ISP providers out there such as Plusnet, Vodafone, Talk Talk etc?

Kind regards, Steve

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s for the TV membership and nothing to do with the Internet itself. 

I’m with BT for broadband but I am a NOW customer for its TV memberships.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree. Scandalous that after all these years of offering two simultaneous Streams you're now reducing the number to 1 unless we fork out another £5. NowTV, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. 

It's just greed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree entirely with you Piper. This seems to be a scandalous 'slight of hand' whereby we were 'given' Boost free of charge (on top of our previous monthly subscription)...which didn't really seem to have any impact on my world - didn't even notice the apparently massive benefits.....and now we 're being held to ransom to pay another £5 per month (which DOUBLES my subscription cost) to keep these features....otherwise they are removed, and we have to live with reduced number of simultaneous devices, no HD, no 5:1 sound, and also have to have Ads. What the Heck??? This is modern day piracy. Shame on you NowTV. No loyalty for your existing, long-term customers. Disgraceful.

RoyB
Legend

Cancel remains your friend.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.