cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blocking a device

Hi my ex partner is using my account to watch now t.v. on his iPhone. I have changed my password which is not stopping him from using it. I have removed device from listing but he adds it back on following month. I have again removed it but I know he will just add again as soon as he can. Is there any way I can permently block his device.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User @4268 @Andy

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered trying to block access to your account. 

I've spoken to a few people this morning and there is a way round this issue. 

Are you able to let us know if you have a security question set on your account? 

If so on a PC/Laptop, can you click on forgotten password and then reset by Security question. 

You'll be asked to enter your security answers and then a screen should appear asking you to manage your apps. Manage your apps should be in bold, you can then click this link and be taken to a new screen which should allow you to remove NOW TV from this list. 

Press Reset and you'll be taken back to a screen where you can then enter your new password. You may find that these steps may be switch around. 

This should then force you to sign in to all apps that you have registered on your account with a new password. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

That is a bit of an annoying problem with the apps as they don't seem to check signin credentials very often and will go on working for sometime before eventually realising they'd aver been changed.

One way is to make sure you fill any empty slots yourself with devices you have - you've got four slots so use any tablets, mobiles, NOW TV boxes, games consoles etc you have to fill ll your slots yourself. As you mention you'll have hit your change limit for this month now, but you can ask live chat to give you one extra change this month to do this now.

Unfortunately the problem with your ex having an iPhone is that the iPhone app allows you to delete devices directly from the app itself so it's possible he may be able to delete one of your devices to get access again.

Another solution is to cancel your passes on your account and once they've expired set up a new account and use that yourself, although that's an inconvenience on your part.

Although your ex won't be able to log into your account to purchase anything, as a precaution it's always a good idea to enable your payment PIN on your account if you haven't already. 

https://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

I'll mention this to the NOW TV Team to see if they can offer any further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I did add my daughter's tv but that is only 2 devices. At least I know he can't add up to beginning of Dec. I could most probably find more devices next month to fill up but didnt realise he had access to remove devices. Think best thing is for me to cancel account and restart again as I know he will continue. Already had to cancel All my bank cards for same reason but thought by changing password it would of reset. Bit of a security down fall with now tv if people can do this.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah, if your daughter's got a laptop or an Android/iOS tablet/mobile you could add those to your account for example.

I'd hope that if your ex tried to remove a device using the app that it would check login credentials at that stage, realise they were wrong and sign him out of the app (and once signed out he wouldn't be able to log in again) but I'm not sure if it does.

No panic just yet so I'd hang on a few days to see what the NOW TV Team say, and I'll let you know.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User @4268 @Andy

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered trying to block access to your account. 

I've spoken to a few people this morning and there is a way round this issue. 

Are you able to let us know if you have a security question set on your account? 

If so on a PC/Laptop, can you click on forgotten password and then reset by Security question. 

You'll be asked to enter your security answers and then a screen should appear asking you to manage your apps. Manage your apps should be in bold, you can then click this link and be taken to a new screen which should allow you to remove NOW TV from this list. 

Press Reset and you'll be taken back to a screen where you can then enter your new password. You may find that these steps may be switch around. 

This should then force you to sign in to all apps that you have registered on your account with a new password. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have the same issue what can I do if I don’t have a security question? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You only need a security question if you can’t remember your password.

And there’s a much more streamlined process for blowing everyone off your account now:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-password

and read FAQ 3.

The only problem is that, last time I looked, this procedure doesn’t work; I believe it got broken when device management was changed. Now have been made aware of this, but no progress with a fix has been reported 😢

So at the moment, you need to get on to Live Chat, and get them to action it for you.

When contacting them, through the Help, ignore the siren call of the Nowbot to ‘Get Help Quicker’ - use the down arrow to get to Live Chat.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you download it on to your pc as both player and app that counts as two devices.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As far as I know there is no security question on it. He set the account up a few years ago with my details in. I have changed the password by clicking on the link and changed through email a few weeks ago but he added it again last week. I will see if I can do it again thanks
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

I've been notified that you've accepted my answer as a solution. 

I just want to confirm that after your last post that you've been able to follow the steps in my post successfully? 

Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Karl