cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box

My now tv black box has developed a fault and the app on my phone keeps saying offline. We have factory reset set the box 6 times, re set Internet, live chat said our Internet is slow we have the fastest Internet. The best of Catch up home screen keeps flashing all the boxes. Now my box didn't want to come on. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is no hole on my box. Only a button that says re set. We pressed that
and it didn't work

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User As the Now black box is basically a slimmed down Roku box the issue may be linked to that. Try a hard reset (poke a pin in the pin hole until it restarts) You will need to fully log in again.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is no hole on my box. Only a button that says re set. We pressed that
and it didn't work
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

According to help from NOW there should be a small hole at the back of the box

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

C210264C-86B0-4B6F-8FAA-4847821F2AC9.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My partner looked and could only see a button
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you are using the Now Freeview Smart box if the reset button is underneath the box.

I just dusted the cobwebs of my NOW Freeview Smart box which i haven't used for a while and forced a software  update on my box by following these instructions below to get the latest firmware :-

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

This then updated the new NOW rebrand colour scheme on my NOW box (sounds like you are at this stage).

Then i went into Best of Catchup by using the Settings Tab on the left hand side of the screen, where i was also getting the annoying flashing thumbnails on screen on the Best of Catchup page.

What i did then is to go into Settings > Systems > System Update > Check Now on the box menu settings.

My box found three Apps that needed updating and after the update the box restarted and the NOW layout has now changed by design where The Best of Catchup section has been removed (like the NOW Stick & NOW 4K box).

Similar to the NOW Stick & NOW 4K box because Best of Catchup feature has now been removed by design by NOW you need to watch the Catchup Apps via the MY Apps horizontal tile (minus NOW where you need to find NOW Entertainment shows via the " View All TV Shows Now Entertainment tile or you can use the search function on the box).

Looks like Best of Catchup up has now been removed by NOW (not sure about the old black NOW box if that still has best of Catchup or that has been removed on the old generation black boxes has well).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We did all the reset steps and updates. 6 times which took us up to
midnight.