cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Being charged for passes

Last month I got an email receipt being charged for the kids pass which I’ve never activated - I went into my account and cancelled it and also had to cancel the tv boost pass which I also haven’t authorised - no one has access to my account and I reset my password just incase. 
ive now just received another email receipt And I’ve been charged for the tv boost pass - I’ve gone onto my account and it has been reactivated and also the sky cinema pass trial has been activated. I know that is an error in itself as I had the cinema pass middle of last year and cancelled it and I can’t have another free trial. I’ve just sent a complaint in and waiting to hear back but I won’t hold my breathe as they wasn’t much use when I complained about the kids pass from my last charge. 
surely we shouldn’t have to be checking our account every month to double check this?? 

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Shteff

Just a couple of things:

1) Set up a PIN (Personal Identification Number) on your account, just go to the top of this screen, access your "My Account" >>> "Settings & PINs".

2) Be aware that Now TV will help you out  (sarcastically said) by auto-starting passes for you if you have none currently in your "My Account".

So if you are not running any passes, and don't to, keep an eye on your account for those (ever so helpful) auto-passes that will turn into monthly subscriptions unless you quickly cancel them.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I’ve got the entertainment pass that runs on monthly but I’ve seen that quite a few other people have been getting charged for passes they haven’t authorised themselves. 
I’ve set up the PIN as suggested - thank you for that.

I’ll just have to keep checking my account to make sure

Thank you for your response 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had 2 passes charged for me this morning. CS says it was bought from our NowTV stick but that isn't even plugged in! Also the password reset tool for my account doesn't email me a link to reset the password so I suspect there could be some widespread issue going on here.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Another option is to fill this form out. 

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ukbobboy  @Anonymous User 

2) Be aware that Now TV will help you out  (sarcastically said) by auto-starting passes for you if you have none currently in your "My Account".

So if you are not running any passes, and don't to, keep an eye on your account for those (ever so helpful) auto-passes that will turn into monthly subscriptions unless you quickly cancel them.

UK Bob

To clarify -  We occasionally offer free Passes to our valued customers for a number of reasons. If a Pass is pre-loaded by us, auto renew is switched off so that a customer doesn’t get charged after the offer expires. 

Thanks

Simon