cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Dear Forum Members

Most of you will know that Batman vs Superman: DoJ will be released in the UK tomorrow, if you are going to see the film then please do not read any further.

OK, first my son and his girlfriend are going to see the film no matter what has been said in the US so far, and what has been said is not good.

I'll stop there, if anybody wants to check the story it is all over the Internet.

UK Bob

38 REPLIES 38
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

my old pink playstation 2 used to play them. I'll have to dig that out and see if it still works 🙂

image.jpeg

That's retro @caseyb1993 

I prefer my tech to be bang up to date, I just love the picture and sound quality you get these days. 

image.gif

I'm just off down the road to get Top Gun out of the rental shop. 2 nights for 1 at the weekend! 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Nothing wrong with retro Smiley Wink

In my opinion the PS2 will forever be king, or in my place queen of the consoles!

The only bad thing about the console was the controller. How the wire always kinked up and it took forever to untangle it meaning you were playing up close to the TV Smiley Very Happy

Now I have it out, I regret selling most of the games to musicmagpie Smiley Sad

Oooh how I used to love going to blockbusters, I actually remember the last movie I ever rented from there, Monster in law but the last VHS tape I rented was tremors (well dad did, I was under the age rating!) Smiley Very Happy

Aaahhh memoriesWoman Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 . I still had a PlayStation one up until about 2010 in which point it finally gave in and I had to throw it away Smiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 I bet you can't top this- I have my dad's old atari 2600 around somewhere! It probably doesn't work after gathering dust for so long. Woman Wink

My brother gave me his ps1 when he left home about 14 years ago, I was about 8. but he didn't tell me that it was all faulty. Smiley Frustrated

I got him back though.... Smiley LOL

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@commanda6 I bet you can't top this- I have my dad's old atari 2600 around somewhere! It probably doesn't work after gathering dust for so long. Woman Wink

My brother gave me his ps1 when he left home about 14 years ago, I was about 8. but he didn't tell me that it was all faulty. Smiley Frustrated

Your right , I can't beat that Smiley Surprised

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Your right , I can't beat that Smiley Surprised

@commanda6 Nothing beats stone age consoles 🙂

Coming home to play atari tennis after school (and getting beaten each time!) 😄

@Andy Only too well! Luckily no damage happened in that situation. 😄

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @caseyb1993

We may be losing track of the original topic, but to be fair, this is the off topic chat area. So by definition, the conversations can go off in all sorts of directionsSmiley Wink

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital @4268

Hi Andy

You said: "I prefer my tech to be bang up to date".  Well, I prefer my tech to work, the reason I say this because, in my time working with IT, I've seen too many of the greatest and latest new thing not work and the poor consumer/buyer is left holding a bright new non-working pile of junk. 

The rule of thumb has always been to let something new to the market stay out there for six months before purchase, that way the enthusiast will has found most of the bugs and report them back to the manufacturer for fixing.

You know, another (silly) thing about IT equipment, it tends to be put on sale according to a timetable rather than when it is actually ready to be sold.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

You said: "I prefer my tech to be bang up to date".  

Yeah, sorry Bob, that was actually a tongue in cheek comment from me, sorry if you took it literally!

I'm actually like you and let the dust settle on a new toy before purchasing. I quite enjoy reading the expert reviews, customer reviews and forum comments to see how a potential purchase is shaping up before buying. Or put another way I just don't like parting with money.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Hi Andy

Yes, I did take you literally, my bad. Smiley Happy

UK Bob