cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Dear Forum Members

Most of you will know that Batman vs Superman: DoJ will be released in the UK tomorrow, if you are going to see the film then please do not read any further.

OK, first my son and his girlfriend are going to see the film no matter what has been said in the US so far, and what has been said is not good.

I'll stop there, if anybody wants to check the story it is all over the Internet.

UK Bob

38 REPLIES 38
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have yet to see it but am really excited about it! I'm waiting until next month as sitting in a packed cinema really grinds my gears as in my local you get idiots throwing popcorn at everybody. Smiley Frustrated

Me and my dad are planning on going together as we love our superheroes. Heart

However, when I saw facebook reviews I was horrified to see it has a 30% rotten rating on rottentomatoes. Everyone has different opinions so I'm not taking that too seriously.

No way has it put me off staring for over 2 hours at Henry Cavill's eyes... Heart

(Sorry, having a fan girl moment here Smiley Wink )

I'm watching Man of Steel for about the 50th time as I write this, getting into 'Superhero Mode' Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

No way has it put me off staring for over 2 hours at Henry Cavill's eyes... Heart

(Sorry, having a fan girl moment here Smiley Wink )

I'm watching Man of Steel for about the 50th time as I write this, getting into 'Superhero Mode' Smiley Happy

@caseyb1993

If you want to drool over Henry Cavill, he was on the Graham Norton show this evening with some of the other cast members from the Batman v Superman movie.

He his my tip to become the new James Bond, thought he did a pretty good performance on The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie (even though it bombed at the cinema).

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Thanks, i'll check that out 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

Did you see the three of them on the Graham Norton show ? If the lack of chemistry between them on that is indicative of the film then must be crap. The whole premise of the film seems floored to me
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268@caseyb1993@schnapps

Dear Forum Members

At the moment, the data coming out of the US is that the critics didn't like the film but the fans did. However, both fans and critics alike have noted poor performances from some of the actors and poor plot points.

Please note, I have note seen the film yet nor have I spoken to my son, and he has seen the film, but one point I did make, elsewhere in the forum, about having a poor/camp main villain seems to have a drawn a similar criticism from a US fan on YouTube.

Anyway, I'll talk to my son later on and find out what he thought about the film.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Has your son told you anything yet @ukbobboy ?

Me and my dad w it yesterday and absolutely loved it. 🙂

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

*saw it. Darn tablet is really sensitive. 😞

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi CB

Sorry I did not get back to you but, as you can guess, I've been getting my "Daredevil Season 2" on, and that is a TV show that should not be rushed but savoured.

Anyway, I spoke to my son about "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" and he gave it a mark of 7 out of 10, forget what the critics say and just enjoy the film, which you have done.

Now, you know that there are some faults with the film but overall it's worth watching, and I believe the Director's Cut, when it comes out on Blue Ray/DVD, will be even better. 

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Now, you know that there are some faults with the film but overall it's worth watching, and I believe the Director's Cut, when it comes out on Blue Ray/DVD, will be even better. 

With regard to 'Director's Cut' releases...

I recently picked up the Directors Cut version of Daredevil (with Benny Affleck) on Blu-ray and it's a much, much better version of the movie. I dare say that if the DC version had been originally released at cinemas it would not have been panned Smiley Wink

Cheers