cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT youview box auto log in to NowTV

I used to have BT entertainment package which included NOW TV entertainment, but I no longer use it, so my BT account has no NOW packs or passes associated with it at all. - however the account still exists.

When I open the NowTV app on my BT YouView Box, it automatically logs me in to my BT account, there seems to be no way of avoiding this.

I currently have a Sky Sports pass in a different account, directly with NowTV and no link to BT at all.

In order to watch Sky Sports, I have to launch NowTV, scroll down, sign out, then sign in again with the other account.

This happens every time I launch the app, not just after stand-by or switching off.

I have tried a number of times with BT to disassociate the account, they dont seem to be able to do it.

I have factory reset the box - no change. I am convinced it is an account setting, not a hardware setting.

The latest advice from BT is to remove the NowTV account associated with BT, but I can;t seem to do that.

I contacted NowTV, but apparently my request goes to a 'special department' and will take 1 month before the account is deleted.

Even then, I'm not sure if this will solve things.

Anyone else had this problem, or have any advice ?

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0