cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT TV BOX

I have just updated from BT youview to BT TV BOX smaller compacted box.
Log on to Now TV films are listed. When I selected to play....message pops up "sorry, something went wrong. Please go back and try to play again."
Can you help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the error message happening on all movies from your Youview box or one particular film ?

If it's happening to all movies, maybe sign out the the NowTV App, then try powering down the Youview box and Router for a minute to see if that makes any difference.

Should you be still having no luck on every single movie, then sometimes switching the power off to your Router for about half an hour may fix it.

Also i am assuming your bank details are up to date on your NowTV account ?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the error message happening on all movies from your Youview box or one particular film ?

If it's happening to all movies, maybe sign out the the NowTV App, then try powering down the Youview box and Router for a minute to see if that makes any difference.

Should you be still having no luck on every single movie, then sometimes switching the power off to your Router for about half an hour may fix it.

Also i am assuming your bank details are up to date on your NowTV account ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is BT TV BOX a legit BT product or am I missing something here?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming @Anonymous User means this model without a hard drive ?

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/pvrs/1402467/bt-mini-youview-box-review-free-with-tv-starter

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aha! I'm with you now @schnapps 

When he said 'updated' I got a little muddled 😁 as I'd see that as a 'downgrade'?!?

RoyB
Legend

I got muddled when @Anonymous User said he’d updated from a YouView box to something else.

But BT seem to be debranding their YouView boxes, despite them still running the YouView software, and it seems to be working 🙂

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello @schnapps
Sorry meant to say upgraded BT TV Box. 4K UHD
I have signed out powered down. Rebooted and signed in again. Films are listed but none will play and A/C is all good.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I also own the BT UHD 4K Box, however i don't tend it to use at the moment for NowTV due to the App only currently offers on demand movies and the last time i checked the NowTV App on the Youview boxes was only streaming at SD picture quality.

I can't check my BT box because at the moment my six device slots are taken up else where with different devices and haven't got any device swaps left this month where i like to keep one swap back just in case something crops up.

Did you try switching the power off to your Router for 30 minutes ?

Do you own any other playback device that is currently working fine with your NowTV Cinema pass ?

Not sure what other things to suggest apart from powering down your BT box and Router again and disconnect the Ethernet cable plugged into the back of your BT Box and Router then plug the Ethernet back in and reboot the Router & BT box  which is a shot in the dark to be honest.

Another shot in the dark thing you could try, which i doubt will work because your older BT box was running fine is to go into the BT Hub webpage settings (assuming you are using a BT Router) and try disabling the smart feature.

Info here how to disable the BT smart setup function.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Do you still have your old BT mini box and if so, does the NowTV App still play the movies on it with your Cinema pass.

Hopefully other forum members on here with offer you some further advice or see if Live Chat can help you out.

Link below to live chat, where if you select the most appropriate help topic, then once on stage 3 of the process, scroll towards the bottom of the screen page where hopefully you will find a Get in Touch option and click the arrow below it to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I found this Youview error code help guide linked below, however i doubt it will be of any help to you because you haven't mentioned any error code when attempting to watch a film via the NowTV App on your BT box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-messages-youview

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just got a regular BT box contract and whilst the box does have NowTV as an App when you go to open the App I can't log in or boot it up.  I want to stop using my NowTV stick because this has constant wireless probs to the router.  Anyone got any suggestions? I've tried going to my account on my laptop and have got three device spaces but can't play anything via the box to occupy a device space so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me sort this please.....