cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Authentication issues and other problems using the forum

There are a number of issues I encounter when using the forum, associated with posting, replying and moving around the forum, including authentication errors, difficulty logging out or remaining logged in, etc.

I'm mostly using a third gen iPad model number MD328B/A running iOS 9.3.5 accessing via Safari or Chrome. Issues are intermittent, don't always happen all the time, don't always happen when doing the same tasks.

If anyone has similar issues and would like to document what happens and when, maybe providing screenshots where poss, please feel free to reply. 

Alternately if if you have similar issues feel free just to leave a 'me too' message.

78 REPLIES 78
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

Nothing has changed my end with the same issues brought to your attention previously Smiley Mad

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@schnapps

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to make them aware that it's still the same for you.

@Andy can you confirm if you cleared your cache & cookies or not before trying again after the change went in? - They just want to check existing cookies / data havn't  blocked the change from working for you.

Thanks

Simon

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Simon-J wrote:

@Andy can you confirm if you cleared your cache & cookies or not before trying again after the change went in? - They just want to check existing cookies / data havn't  blocked the change from working for you.

Thanks

Simon

@Simon-J I hadn't, but I've cleared cache and cookies now. I'll see how it goes over the next day or so and then let you know. Cheers!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

So made roughly 50 posts since. Three authentication issues came up...

1/11/17 20:48 pink authentication failed error when composing post #433 https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Horror-Film-of-the-Year-Ring-vs-The-Grudge/...

2/11/17 14:40 pink authentication failed error banner when composing reply to ideas board https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/3D-content/idc-p/447174#M6610

No problems Thursday evening during half a dozen or so posts.

3/11/17 15:05 pink sorry unable to complete the action you requested when posting in test thread (post 17) but clicking back into thread reauthenticated me without needing to sign in again

Still seeing occasionally my profile/notifications/messages icons disappear making it look as if I'm not logged in, but clicking reply to a post usually brings his back up again without the need to sign back in.

I also seem to be able to log out of the site gracefully again.

Over the last 24 hours definitely more stable than it was with just those little hiccups above, compared to previously it's been quite a pleasure so I do think whatever they've done has made a difference, but maybe just a little more tweaking needed to stop it completely?

Hopefully the above info helps them.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andy @schnapps @ukbobboy @SeeMoreDigital

Thanks for all the feedback you've given on this.

They're still working hard on getting this fixed. What we've found is that the problem seems to be the link between the Community login and NOW TV login - which uses Sky ID so we're now working with them to do some investigation. 

Sorry that it seems to be taking forever but we seem to be getting there!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy @schnapps @ukbobboy @SeeMoreDigital

Morning guys,

Sorry for the lack of update here, hasn't been a whole lot to report but I can tell you that the team that manages our SSO (single sign on) is working with the platform provider to get the issue fixed, they are based here so I'll keep checking back for updates and keep you posted.

Edit: Also I'm guessing you've seen no change on your end?

Thanks

Simon

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J wrote:

Edit: Also I'm guessing you've seen no change on your end?

@Simon-J see reply three posts up. Still seeing errors but much better than it was.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

I haven't noticed any improvement my end, what's more frustrating for me than the Authentication Errors is constantly being automatically logged out of the forum without any input on my part (so annoying) Smiley Mad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

Any news ?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @schnapps,

I'm sorry to say I've not heard back as of yet. I've asked for an update so I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything. Again I can only apologise at how long this is all taking, it seems it's not proving an easy issue to get to the bottom of but the guys who manage that sign in journey are working with the Community platform providers to try and fix it just as soon as they can.

Thanks 

Simon