cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Authentication issues and other problems using the forum

There are a number of issues I encounter when using the forum, associated with posting, replying and moving around the forum, including authentication errors, difficulty logging out or remaining logged in, etc.

I'm mostly using a third gen iPad model number MD328B/A running iOS 9.3.5 accessing via Safari or Chrome. Issues are intermittent, don't always happen all the time, don't always happen when doing the same tasks.

If anyone has similar issues and would like to document what happens and when, maybe providing screenshots where poss, please feel free to reply. 

Alternately if if you have similar issues feel free just to leave a 'me too' message.

77 REPLIES 77
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Two more Authentication messages appeared on screen in the space of 5 minutes each time whilst attempting to send a post reply back where my message was lost in cyberspace and cannot retrieve.

Had to sign out of my forum name and back in again to re write the posts once again Smiley Mad

This is so frustrating, i just want to "bang my head against a brick wall" Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

th26MFM0AV.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Using Chrome with pop up blocker disabled, trying to give thanks to a post brings up authentication error. Refreshing the page and trying again allowed me to give thanks,

image.png

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Sorry didn't reply earlier been busy but thanks for keeping the experiment going. I've gone with your suggestion of pop up blocker disabled but first time on the forum and same errors, didn't think a pop up blocker would interfere with giving thanks but like you say worth a try and at least that's one thing we can dismiss if suggested!

Can I just check have you tried different browsers, and do you get the same results? I've posted screenshots from Safari so now I'm using Chrime for a few screenshots of the same errors. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

I thought the pop up blocker may have been the cause of our problems, however i have been testing over the weekend with this feature switched off i am still getting the various issues already mentioned here before Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Thanks for reporting back, I'm glad it's no longer really an issue for you. However would you mind just confirming what device and browser you use for the forum, are you desktop or tablet, which OS and which browser do you use? And also if you could give a rough estimate of how often those errors appear, is it 1 in 2 visits, 1 in 5 visits etc. 

Cheers.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

iPad, Chrome ... Typing the previous post I get authentication banner part way through typin

image.png

I ignore this and carry on (copy and paste post at end as I expect it not to post), clicking post does in fact post correctly but I no longer have my avatar top right so appear as if I am no longer logged in, , but then when I click reply to type this post I get a blank page appear

image.png

With this URL in address bar  

https://watch.nowtv.com/landing?securessotoken=30302d37613961336338643363366431326336376339633837306...

Refreshing or trying to go back to community.nowtv.com doesn't work, only way to post is to force quit chrome and open again. As soon as Chrome reopens I get the correc reply screen and appear to be logged in again

image.png

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

... However trying to type the previous post to report the error sure enough brings up another authentication banner leading once again to force quitting chrome and re-opening before being able to post successfully

image.png

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Cheers. I'll keep chipping into this thread today and then mention it to the team tomorrow and  see if anything happens or not. 

If you have a chance to try different browsers on your tablet and/or post anymore screenshots that will be great. Also would you mind mentioning what make/model of tablet you use and give a rough estimate of how often you notice it eg every visit, 1 in 2 visits, etc. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Will do, i am now testing on Chrome and will report back any issues.

Hardware is a Linx 10 tablet running Windows 10 Home edition version 1703 with OS build 15063483.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

With either Windows Edge or Internet Explorer when typing on the forums i get predictive text on my touch screen tablet, which i prefer rather than using the ABC spell checker in the forum message toolbars.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox and the Opera browser where this feature seems not to be available on my tablet ?

Does anybody know if i can enable this predictive text typing on a Windows 10 touch screen tablet when using another browser or is it a functionality assigned or locked to Windows Internet browsers only ?

Any help would be much appreciated.