cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there any administrators or moderators?

I am sure CrapTV may want to make a point, but if there is one sure way to kill a board it is to allow this sort of spamming.  Can all the CrapTV posts be deleted?

38 REPLIES 38
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB

Obviously you won't know this but I have a sneaky feeling both ClockEnd & starman73 is the same person who has two different accounts and forum names from reading their posts on the forum over the years.

I might be wrong but I am sure @starman73 will confirm either way? 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Thanks. That is something that would get you (or one of you at least) thrown off many forums, as at the very least it causes confusion, as here.

But if they are the same person, I’m even more confused now 😥

[Edit] OK, I’ve figured it out, either way. Now the only thing I’m confused about is what @Anonymous User was on about, though it does look as though he thinks he got censored, instead of just falling foul of the erroneous spam rot-up that @Anonymous User  described.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB

Perhaps may hunch is wrong and I am totally barking up the wrong tree and really should let @starman73 replied to your post in the first instance.

If I have got my wires crossed then I apologise to you and both ClockEnd & starman73 for the inaccurate information. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @RoyB 

I have a sneaky feeling both ClockEnd & starman73 is the same person who has two different accounts and forum names from reading their posts on the forum over the years

That would certainly explain a lot.

Personally I use a different username in each community I engage in, especially as there are a few I moderate on, but never more than one in any one particular forum/community. It's only to keep everything seperate and to avoid blurring the lines between those communities.

As @RoyB has said, many communities would bar you from using multiple identities, although I think that's more a failing of this particular forums software where it doesn't always behave in the 'normal' manner.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @RoyB

My post was speculation so should not be taken for granted.

In hindsight I really shouldn't have posted my thoughts where it is pure conjecture on my part with no proof or evidence.

I wish now that I didn't come to the conclusion and feel really bad about it where this is starting to snowball a little bit. 

Like I said it was a sneaky feeling that's all. 

ClockEnd & starman73 all I can do is apologize for my Intial post where I had no right to speculate that you are the same person.

Please accept my apologies and can we all move on from this hornets nest that I may have potentially caused by my un appropriate first post of mine which was totally wrong to do so in the first place.

Thank you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

No problem. Enough said.

May be a good idea to contact a moderator @schnapps and ask them to remove any posts from the point your initial speculation began? Just a friendly thought. 😀

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  @RoyB 

Wow guys

There's a whole lot of weird stuff going on here, when did this forum moved from being a friendly and logical place to something out of the Twilight Zone?

All I can say is, Let the Music Play.

DJ & Decks.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

NowTV, the final frontier.............to boldly go where no man has gone before...........

Yes I know that's Star Trek (cue theme tune)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQsrvW6Ji4

starman73
Elite

I am starman73 and ClockEnd.  The reason I have two different users is sometimes I am watching Sports on one account and sometimes watching Cinema/Entertainment on the other.  I have two accounts so I can have up to 4 simultaneous streams as I have often posted. As far as I know there is no issue having two accounts.  I also have a third for Mobile Sports. The forum names are tied to the account. I can't have a common forum name for the three accounts.

starman73
Elite

That is something that would get you (or one of you at least) thrown off many forums

That's because most forums are free to use.  Given how much I pay each month on each account, I reckon I should get some leeway.