cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there any administrators or moderators?

I am sure CrapTV may want to make a point, but if there is one sure way to kill a board it is to allow this sort of spamming.  Can all the CrapTV posts be deleted?

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Trouble is CrapTV got a result so guess what will happen in the future...
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Karl-F  @RoyB 

Hey Guys

Seems like I missed the fireworks, aww shucks.

Missed Fireworks.png

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboyJust some no-life getting his 2 minutes of attention 😂

@Anonymous UserThis isn't the first time this has happened and I dare say it won't be the last. It would normally happen on a weekend in the past as there are no Mods etc around to deal with stuff like this at the weekends. Now if only this forum had proper filters built into it's software........... 😎

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is "spam" just a member saying something thats true but not what you want others to see incase they realise its true aswell?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think there was some sort of issue at the weekend as ALL my posts, which were all posts trying to assist others with problems, were all marked as 'spam' and removed a few minutes after going up on the site.

I reported it and @Karl-F has been looking into it.

EDIT he has sorted it this morning. Good work 😀

starman73
Elite

is "spam" just a member saying something thats true but not what you want others to see incase they realise its true aswell?

In this case spam was one member making 100s of posts all over the board because his/her selfish concerns outweighed everyone else's.    No problem with the "truth" . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No @starman73 In this case the spam filter was working overtime. As you can see above I also had posts marked as spam yesterday but @Karl-F sorted it this morning as I'd reported it. Any case of multiple posts appearing from me this morning is because initially yesterday I attempted to re-send the posts as I wasn't aware at first the spam filter was to blame.

starman73
Elite

The case I am referring to was the reason i started the thread.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@starman73 

Yea, I remember reporting that at the time. What we've been referring to since was the spam filter 'malfunctioning' at the weekend where some people had useful posts marked as spam and taken down again. Hopefully that clears up what has happened since last month 😀

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

But you didn’t start the thread - Clockend did, about the CrapTV spam posts.

if you wanted to keep your concerns separate from that, then truly starting a new thread, from New Post, would have been the better course of action.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.