cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there any administrators or moderators?

I am sure CrapTV may want to make a point, but if there is one sure way to kill a board it is to allow this sort of spamming.  Can all the CrapTV posts be deleted?

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please stop the spam and seek professional help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

He/she is beyond help if you ask me. How sad do you have to be to do childish things like this to feel relevant? 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So no administrators or moderators then. 

RoyB
Legend

This couldn’t happen on the Sony Communities, where the software detects post flooding, as this is called, and rejects the duplicates.

I mentioned this last time we had such a flood, so someone could check and see if this forum software had such a feature, but I don’t know whether that went anywhere or not.

Pity, because it’s what we need to prevent people like CrapTV0 from sh*tting the bed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Just to let you know this user has now been banned, due to breaking the house rules around excessive spamming. 

We've informed them of the best way to get their issue solved. 

I also want to say thanks and also apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and for the delay in getting this picked up, we don't want to ruin your experience here on our community. 

Karl 

Community Manager

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I reported these threads of theirs last night so it's nice to see quick action being taken, however, as @RoyB says, there ought to be a safeguard in the forum software to catch these things even quicker, as is the case on most other forum pages I visit.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah we have it active, however we don't feel like it's working as it should. 

So we're getting this picked up asap. 

Thanks guys!

Karl 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Also just so you know, we're going through and batch moving the posts. 

It's taking some time to update so you may still some around, we should have them all by the end of the day and then we'll move this to archive aswell. 

Thanks

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update @Karl-F but, and I know this is nothing to do with you personally, the forum software must be poorly written that these things can't be taken care of more speedily. It seems it's not just 1080p/50fps etc etc on the tv side of things which are playing a slow game of catch up to the competition, the forum software is way behind too 😉

That said, it's a 'thank you' to yourself @Karl-F for latching onto this in good time this morning.