cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are 23 channels in addition to usual Tv channels

Moving next week and We are looking at getting Now Entertainment with the broadband /Tv/phone package, are the 23 channels in addition to the usual channels I can get at the moment . Will all channels still be accessible 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you getting the BT TV offering, including Now Entertainment paid for through BT?

If so, then they will provide you with a BT Pro YouView box, on which you will be able to watch Now channels as if they were Freeview TV channels, and record them as well.

But they will be Freeview-like only on the Pro box, though you will be able to watch them on the Now app on any supported device.

(As you have now had three different answers to your question, depending on the assumptions each responder has had to make, it might be useful if you could clarify what it is, exactly, that you are getting, so we can see which answer you should select as the answer that applies 😛)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Contained on this NOW help link below will let you know what channels are available with the NOW Entertainment Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also have a read of this link help guide on what playback devices are supported for watching NOW, where the only hardware NOW provide is their NOW Hub 2 Router for access to the internet with your NOW Broadband package.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Jaljulie12
Scholar

I don't have now tv only broadband and phone I just want my app back so I can watch Netflix and watch them later on the app

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Jaljulie12 

What app, back from where, and on what device?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jaljulie12 

Instead of hijacking threads, please create a new thread with more details of your issue. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/How-do-u-get-to-speak-to-someone-from-now-tv/td-p/491...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jaljulie12 

Just noticed you did end up creating a thread which a fellow customer has been helping you with. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Tv/m-p/582909#M21234

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you say “usual channels” do you mean Freeview?

If so you’ll either need to connect your TV up to an aerial or use the apps such as iPlayer, ITV hub, All4, My5 and UKTV play to get the main Freeview catch up content/live channels.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you getting the BT TV offering, including Now Entertainment paid for through BT?

If so, then they will provide you with a BT Pro YouView box, on which you will be able to watch Now channels as if they were Freeview TV channels, and record them as well.

But they will be Freeview-like only on the Pro box, though you will be able to watch them on the Now app on any supported device.

(As you have now had three different answers to your question, depending on the assumptions each responder has had to make, it might be useful if you could clarify what it is, exactly, that you are getting, so we can see which answer you should select as the answer that applies 😛)