cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV

I have a new apple tv box. Now Tv won't download from the App store. It keeps crashing. Works fine on my other devices. 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an Apple TV box, but have you tried rebooting both your Router and Apple TV box by temporary unplugging the power for a minute.

Also make sure your Apple TV is set up to the correct region and you are using the correct Apple Store of your country (either UK or Republic of Ireland depending where you live) assuming there is a setting in the ATV box

If no luck and you have a smartphone with mobile internet data on it, try your smartphone has a temporary wifi hotspot when attempting to download NOW App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks mate.

The app downloads ok. It freezes just after its asked me whether I want to allow the App to travel across from the other apps I use.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am guessing you have tried deleting the NOW App and did another fresh download of the App from the Apple TV Apps store.

Hopefully an ATV owner on the forum will come to your rescue on what needs to be done to resolve this. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Not being an Apple TV customer I can’t be much help, however the statement “Ask apps not to track” is something that I’ve been coming across on all newly installed apps on my iPhone. 

Must be new privacy settings from Apple? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sandey
Scholar

This looks like an issue with the latest update released today. After selecting Ask app not to track, you need to force quit the app (by double pressing the home/tv button and swiping the app up) and then re open it and it should work normally.

For some reason whenever the app is on the splash screen, if it is interrupted it freezes and you have to quit the app.