Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime fans/Death Note fans

Hey any anime fans out there, especially @Anonymous User, 

There has been an announcement that Netflix is making a live action movie but with and international twist. 

Source:

http://goboiano.com/news/4571-netflix%2527s-death-note-live-action-is-coming-in-2017

This has me a little worried as Death Note is a masterpiece, should it be 'remade' once again?

Also, can anyone tell me if the anime is still on Netflix? 🙂

death_note___kira_vs_l_by_elernie-d4nk7kd

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
19 REPLIES 19
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

No, Death Note's not on Netflix at the moment. 

I'm not much of an anime fan, but aren't live action anime remakes usually a bit of a disaster? Last Airbender? 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Technically, Last Airbender isn't anime as it wasn't produced in Japan 😉 but yes that movie bombed 😄

Now the Japanese movies are not that bad but when America gets their hands on anime it could spell disaster 😞

If you ever get chance to see the Death Note anime, I highly recommend it 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Nobody likes an anime smarty pants! 

image.jpeg

see what I did there? I'm on top form today!

I did try Last Gunslinger once ... and got bored very quickly ... So chances of me giving anime another go aren't high, but as I dragged you through GoT I suppose it's only fair I give your recommendation a go ... sometime ..... next 5 years say? 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Very clever 🙂

When it comes to anime, I show no mercy 😉

Not even to meet Ryuk? 🙂

https://m.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB#/watch?v=jRnCak5_zcw

Just listen to L's theme, it is very the exorcist 😉

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk

If the  links don't work, I'm using my tablet 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Woooahhhh!!!!! The first thing I see is some Batman-type voice growling 'we're all alone in the house do you want to play some videogames' .... I'm like 'No way kid, get the f&@k out of there you crazy fool!!!!'

And yes that theme is very Tubular Bells ... In fact, I'm surprised they've not been sued for copyright! Did like it though!

Hmm, OK, so what would you say as a 'I'll give it a go' recommendation. Given I'm an almost-anime-virgin it needs to be something not too long/many episodes, and nothing so complicated I need to make notes to work out what the hell is happening! Nice and easy and simple! Like Battle of the Planets simple (which I did love as a kid, in the English version!)

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy It is a little long but it is not something you have to watch in one go 😉

Considering I have read the manga and seen the anime/movies it is hard for me to say whether you may find it complicated. No where near GoT complicated though so keep that in mind. 🙂

It is actually quite fun to watch and you keep changing your mind whether you want the protagonist to 'win'. (Light Yagami, the guy in the clip). When 'L' comes into it though then it is hard not to carry on. 😉

The plot is Light finds a book called the 'Death Note' and uses it to rid the world of evil by writing their name in it but it goes to his head....

Come back in 5 years to tell me what you think 😉

Meet L.. You have Dany, I have L... 😉

death_note___l_ii_by_felhi-d2ynwnl

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

The thing I can't get my head round is that seems a simple enough plot, but then why do anime shows always seem to have 500 episodes to them? Does everything get really stretched out, or does it get carried away with loads of different stories, or does it all get mixed up and end up back where it started? Are there any with a simple-ish plot and not too many episodes to start off with to see if I get into it?

Also, out of interest are they all fantasy-based, or do you get more horror-type series as well? I'm a big fan of J-horror as you know so I've often thought I should be able to get into anime, but never seem to!

O wise one do tell.....

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I think it is about 40 episodes so that isn't too bad. They have to be long to show all the awesomeness 🙂

@Anonymous User I have seen Tokyo Ghoul and that is another gripping series. It is very bloody 😉

Death Note's dub is really good, usually I ship subs but after watching clips for D.N with the dub, I soon swapped 🙂

Inuyasha is another great long series 😉

@Andy Thinking about it, Tokyo Ghoul might still be on Netflix and season 1 is only 13 episodes. And it is sort of horror 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Forgot to mention Ryan, I think changing the names for the new film is a big mistake but you can hardly give an American cast Japanese names. 😄

Light Yagami is now Light Turner. That does not work. Neither does blonde haired Misa now being a brunette called Mia. 😞