Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Uurgh, not dubbed!

Great to have this, though, as long as we can choose the original Japanese soundtrack and subtitles.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Not being a fan of the art form myself, I take it 'dubbed' is a bad thing for the purists???  I can certainly imagine it would lose some of it's lustre if you prefer it fully as originally made.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To see what I mean, compare Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli creation ’Spirited Away’ in the original Japanese, with the (quite well-done) Pixar English dub.

It’s good, and brings the movie to a lot of people who won’t watch subtitles, but the original spirit is not quite there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Anonymous User don’t really have time to watch any anime at the moment, they do require a big chunk, it’s good to know they are waiting for me there when I can though!

I”m sure @caseyb1993 will be delighted with this news, she’s a 24/7 anime devouring machine! 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @RoyB @Anonymous User 

Yeah the dub for Spirited Away isn't a masterpiece but a fun fact for you Andy is the girl who voices the lead character (dub version) was the creepy girl from The Ring (the US version). 😮

I'm waiting for them to drop InuYasha which was my second anime. Was supposed to drop today but now it's Friday. 😠

i suppose they are releasing the dubs to entice new viewers who don't like subtitled shows. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Excellent fact, any excuse to drop a scary picture on the forum at Halloween time! 

Less interesting fact ... the JHorror version Ringu is way more scary than that US rip-off, but I thought the US Samara was better!

1BFA6D27-DF65-47DC-93AA-8543F7C24B99.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Never thought I would read that last sentence from you 😂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

i am completely lost. I haven’t got a clue how to work the stick. I have managed after 1 and a half hour to find this place where I am hoping I can find some help.