Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Guess what's dropped through my letterbox - Ryan has told me I'm in for a visual treat in more ways than one!! Can't wait to start this one, and I noticed it's now almost doubled in price on Amazon so top bargain spotting there Casey, if you spot any other bargains like that do let me know!!!!

image.jpeg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm starting to enjoy School Live more and more. Now I've cottoned on its jumping around in time with flashforwrds/flashbacks and I've got to piece together what goes where it's making sense and the zombies are making a regular appearance it's getting quite fun, and once you get to know the characters they grow on you - rather than being annoying and squeaky I've got a bit of a soft spot for over-enthusiastic easily distracted Yuki - she could be the anime equivalent of me!)

So once again, I'm getting addicted to an anime show, and can't wait for the next episode.

PS @caseyb1993 I know you've been waiting for an update, so episode 3 had no breakfast, but episode 4 they had ginger soy beef and rice. Subscribe to this topic for more breakfast updates delivered direct to your inbox!!!!

PPS I've even started picking up some Japanese words, like what senpai and -chan on names mean.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like we have converted you then @Andy! 😄

See? Anime isn't that bad now is it? 😉

Next, we will turn you into a cosplayer! 😄

Google "L cosplay" and "Ryuk cosplay" and you will be amazed what people can do! 😮

That breakfast doesn't do it for me, I'm more tea and toast myself! 😄

Have you watched any H.S.O.T.D yet? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Aha oh yes I'll have to start saving up big time for cosplay, but I'm sure in the meantime Ryan will have a cupboard full of pink wigs he can lend me! 😉

Nope not started HSOTD yet, if there's one thing I've learned about anime it's you need to pay attention so I'll wait until after I've finished School Live, I think two anime shows at the same time would crash my brain!! 😉

PS £3.99 proper bargain wasn't it!!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I recommend you add "Jigoku Shoujo" to your MAL. 🙂

It literally translates to "Hell Girl". 

It is about a girl (duh) that sends bad souls to hell.

Another one of those " would you do it?" anime's as she gives a person a choice to send a tormentor to hell on the condition that when they die, they will go there too.... 😮

It has a different storyline for each episode. (Not too complicated so don't panic!)

This one is better subbed though. 🙂

tumblr_mw39a8LLXT1sq8cgro1_500

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Fabulous Casey-chan (see what I did there, I'm learning Japanese from watching School Live!!!) will add to my list which is already bulging at the seams with stuff waiting to be watched! Must sleep less to generate extra time to watch more. 

When you say different storyline do you mean each episode is standalone, so I could just watch an odd episode here and there rather than having to watch the whole series for the plot arc? If so that sounds good, I'll see if it's on Crunchyroll or Funimation.

PS I quite like Crunchyroll, the ads aren't quite as bad as I thought, just wish they had some different ads, usually I just get the Crunchyroll promo repeated 5 times in a row ... "Get simulcasts airing one hour after Japan ... Anytime anywhere try premium!"  ... I know it off by heart! 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Forgot you like a bit of anime, so just to let you know we are here now when you fancy chipping in! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy I'll be looking forward to your updates on here for HSOTD 😉

@caseyb1993 That gif just made me burst out laughing..people here are staring at me haha. I don't care though I love him so much!

Oh and you guys don't want to see what's inside my cupboard..

room_01

8566-550x-ban3features_027_04

Guess which one is mine?

(Or is it all 3? Smiley Very Happy)

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Guess which one is mine?

(Or is it all 3? Smiley Very Happy)

@Anonymous User NOOOOO!!!!

They must be all Google images, right?? You cannot possibly have any of those obsessively humongous tucked away in your spare bedroom?? Can you ....??

@caseyb1993 Back away now, we might have a live one here .... 😄