Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Well I've started watching my 50p High School DxD bargain.... Omg I've never seen anything like it! I thought there was plenty of jiggle in HSOTD but this has taken jiggle to another level ... I had to draw the curtains in case the neighbour's saw! 😄 Have you seen it? No wonder they were selling it for 50p just to get it out of the shop! 

Anyway in between all the smutty Carry On film dialogue and widescreen jiggle there's quite an interesting story of demons vs angels which feels very anime! Will see how it goes!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy No I haven't seen it. I've only seen one "jiggle jiggle" series called Prison School. Ughhhh.(HSOTD aswell but can't remember much lol).

I've been rewatching my first anime called "Fruits basket". Forgot how great it is. I found the DVD on my shelf and discovered the bluray is out this month!

Here's a clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnvLlRcO0E

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Zodiac animals? Has it got unicorns in? I feel I need an anime with unicorns in to broaden my education!

Where is @Anonymous User btw? Not heard from him for ages!

Actually here's a serious question that one or both of you might be able to answer ... So I've watched the Deathnotes and the Tokyo Ghouls, I've been depressed by School Days and seen the jiggles, watching angels and Demons with DxD ... so is there any other 'anime types' I've not covered yet? Just pink unicorns or is there some other type I need to give a go? 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Well you haven't given the masterpiece that is Clannad a go yet. 😉

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you will be ever so confused. Just what you need in an anime! 

The higurashi series as well is another masterpiece! The first two seasons anyway. It is very "IT" thinking about it as it involves an "entity",sort of, and a club! Not getting my hopes up for a DVD release here anytime soon though. 😞

A couple of my fave creepy clips:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06VVdR81fz8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdW8Vzdz5yU

No it doesn't have unicorns haha. Fruits basket is basically about a family that is "cursed" and transform into the animals of the Chinese zodiac if hugged by the opposite gender. It is an interesting watch. 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

wrote:

Where is @Anonymous User btw? Not heard from him for ages!

Actually here's a serious question that one or both of you might be able to answer ... So I've watched the Deathnotes and the Tokyo Ghouls, I've been depressed by School Days and seen the jiggles, watching angels and Demons with DxD ... so is there any other 'anime types' I've not covered yet? Just pink unicorns or is there some other type I need to give a go? 

Oh I'm still around @Andy! Just not as active on here as I'd like to be sadly..work is keeping me very, very busy!

Haven't been watching much anime either recently as well 😮 definitely do need to catch up on some more stuff. 

Have you watched any straight up comedy series? I'm trying to think of some right now but my mind is blank and I'm still tired..

Definitely give Clannad a go though like @caseyb1993 says!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ahh, six months hard labour down in the NOW TV dungeons? 

image.png

That'll teach you to watch Rick and Morty on the job! 😉

I will get round to Clannad eventually, I feel it's compulsory in order to stay in the club, but it's the thought of all those episodes! Oh yes a nice little comedy anime would be good for when I finish DxD, get your thinking caps on folks!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy If you want a comedy that doesn't really follow one main storyline, then I recommend Ouran High School Host Club. 🙂

@Anonymous User Did you tell me once you've seen this before?

OuranHS2

tumblr_mwlazyRPfi1qj7g7io1_500

The show is pretty much about a girl who is mistaken for a boy and is "forced" to join a host club after she breaks a valuable vase. A host club is basically a club where guys like to make girls happy. (Don't twist those words as it isn't how it sounds! Lol)

Here is a small clip to introduce you to it. 🙂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W2LcVdM2RFk

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 There's a lot of episodes again! 😶

Doyou need to watch them all in order (in which case it will have to go on my sometime maybe list) or can you treat it like a sitcom and once you've watched the first episode just dip in here and there when you feel like it and it still makes sense (in which case phew I'll give it a go) 😎

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy In a way they do need to be watched in order but it isn't an anime to watch all in one go if that helps. 😉

The longer series are better as the really short ones are rushed. 😞

I suppose if you want a short one, then Dagashi Kashi is good. It is literally set in a sweet shop and pretty much seems like advertising. 😄

It's on FunimationNow as season 1 is blocked on Crunchyroll. 😞

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ah that's ok then I'll give it a go and just watch one now and then in between everything else (the first one not the sweet shop one! Unless it has every flavour kitkats in, in which case I'll tune in! 😄 )

I'll have to watch Clannad but I think I need to set aside a block of time otherwise I'll never get it cracked, so probably summer with sun shining, feet up, no work, pina colada with a little umbrella etc etc !! Then I can look up at the sun and contemplate the meaning of life afterwards like Ryan had to! 😎