Legend 5

Re: Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Ryan-R

Finished School Days. ...... O my! 😳😬😳😬🤐

0 Thanks
commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

@caseyb1993 have you started watching 'Bleach' again yet. I am now on episode 155 Smiley Very Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy Told you it was different! You can't be so shocked as you watch Game OfThrones remember lol. 😄

@commanda6 Nope not yet i am still rewatching my classics lol.

Season 2 of Dagashi Kashi has started so waiting for Crunchyroll to release it to us cheapskates lol. I dont understand why season 1 is geo blocked though. Smiley Indifferent

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy Told you it was different! You can't be so shocked as you watch Game OfThrones remember lol. 😄

@caseyb1993 I know but I wasn't expecting THAT final episode in a high school anime (altho I've worked out they have middle school in Japan so they are actually 16 year olds, not quite as bad as I thought!!! Have you actually seen the show or just mentioned it because you've heard of it? If you not seen it don't read the spoiler but ...

Spoiler
But seriously THAT episode .... I knew something was going to happen but didn't think Sekai was going to be the one to kill Makoto but then when Kotonoha lured her up onto the roof and I'm like oh no ... Then look in the bag and I'm like OH NO ... then I don't think you're really pregnant and it's OHHHH NOOOOO!!!! and then WTFFFFF!!!! and OMGGGGGG!!!!!!! and then on the boat I'm like OH MY!!!! and just ... WOW!!!

No seriously when you and @Ryan-R have been going on about how anime really grabs you emotionally the ones I've seen so far haven't done that but this one! I wasn't convinced for the first few episodes but from half way on its become some kind of gripping soap opera ... I've been

• bored
  • frustrated
  • annoyed
  • laughed at how unbelievable it all is
  • shocked
  • gripped
  • enthralled
  • heartbroken
  • depressed
  • confused
  • surprised
  • drained

First anime that I've got to the end of and just thought wow what have I been through, I get it now! Loved it! I feel like I need time to recover before I get back on the anime bandwagon though, what a journey School Days has been! 

THANKS @caseyb1993 ..... Phew, I feel like I need a break to process it all before I get back on the anime bandwagon tho! 🙂

Highlighted
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy I have seen it before but a few years ago. It didnt stay with me like Death Note did but the last few episodes did freak me out like you! 😮

I think it caused alot of controversy when it originally aired and that is what interested me. 😮

BTW, remember when i told you about Elfen Lied? 

I read that your Stranger Things was inspired by that so... Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Well I've started watching my 50p High School DxD bargain.... Omg I've never seen anything like it! I thought there was plenty of jiggle in HSOTD but this has taken jiggle to another level ... I had to draw the curtains in case the neighbour's saw! 😄 Have you seen it? No wonder they were selling it for 50p just to get it out of the shop! 

Anyway in between all the smutty Carry On film dialogue and widescreen jiggle there's quite an interesting story of demons vs angels which feels very anime! Will see how it goes!

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy No I haven't seen it. I've only seen one "jiggle jiggle" series called Prison School. Ughhhh.(HSOTD aswell but can't remember much lol).

I've been rewatching my first anime called "Fruits basket". Forgot how great it is. I found the DVD on my shelf and discovered the bluray is out this month!

Here's a clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnvLlRcO0E

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Zodiac animals? Has it got unicorns in? I feel I need an anime with unicorns in to broaden my education!

Where is @Ryan-R btw? Not heard from him for ages!

Actually here's a serious question that one or both of you might be able to answer ... So I've watched the Deathnotes and the Tokyo Ghouls, I've been depressed by School Days and seen the jiggles, watching angels and Demons with DxD ... so is there any other 'anime types' I've not covered yet? Just pink unicorns or is there some other type I need to give a go? 

caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

@Andy Well you haven't given the masterpiece that is Clannad a go yet. 😉

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you will be ever so confused. Just what you need in an anime! 

The higurashi series as well is another masterpiece! The first two seasons anyway. It is very "IT" thinking about it as it involves an "entity",sort of, and a club! Not getting my hopes up for a DVD release here anytime soon though. 😞

A couple of my fave creepy clips:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06VVdR81fz8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdW8Vzdz5yU

No it doesn't have unicorns haha. Fruits basket is basically about a family that is "cursed" and transform into the animals of the Chinese zodiac if hugged by the opposite gender. It is an interesting watch. 🙂

Ryan-R
Community Administrator

wrote:

Where is @Ryan-R btw? Not heard from him for ages!

Actually here's a serious question that one or both of you might be able to answer ... So I've watched the Deathnotes and the Tokyo Ghouls, I've been depressed by School Days and seen the jiggles, watching angels and Demons with DxD ... so is there any other 'anime types' I've not covered yet? Just pink unicorns or is there some other type I need to give a go? 

Oh I'm still around @Andy! Just not as active on here as I'd like to be sadly..work is keeping me very, very busy!

Haven't been watching much anime either recently as well 😮 definitely do need to catch up on some more stuff. 

Have you watched any straight up comedy series? I'm trying to think of some right now but my mind is blank and I'm still tired..

Definitely give Clannad a go though like @caseyb1993 says!