cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

Hi all hearing rumours that nowtv will start to have adverts after 14/06 unless you have boost anyone know if this is true 

Thanks 

46 REPLIES 46
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User they've already started and there are several threads already running on the subject.

Ads can be removed by purchasing a Boost membership.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes from the 15th July and dropping down to only 1 stream without the £5 a month boost pass. A total disgrace in my opinion as it is a very poor platform and no adverts was all I paid for as all the programs are on Sky and at least you get a recordable box with it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really? Wow screw these ######, this is the reason now TV will never get the commitment I give Netflix or Amazon prime

ill just take advantage of the 7 day free trial & cancel it

not worth it at all £9.99 for just a section of now TV & then they want an extra £5? When I pay 1 fee to both Netflix & prime & I get all their content ad free

now TV won’t last long

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can blame Comcast (owners of Sky/NOW) for the introduction of adverts.

They have put adverts in the US version of Peacock and the only way to get rid of adverts is by spending more cash.

Don't like adverts, same here, but subscribe to boost and you won’t have to put up with third party adverts.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 Why would I do that for 1 show? Not very good content on Now TV

id rather drag my balls through a thousand miles of broken glass

be like netflix, or like Amazon prime, they do it right! Make all content available for a single price & for the content you have, it’s not worth more than £10 a month

but hey, you do you, you’re not smart enough to figure you could drastically increase your customer base & inevitably earn more by doing so & potentially get content worth increasing the price

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for that graphic detail on the alternative for you! 

But yeah I agree that all of the content should be in a single membership and the only “extra” price for Boost. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

There shouldn’t ever be a need to pay extra for no ads

straight flat rate for all content, Netflix £14 for everything no ads free

prime £8 for everything and option to purchase content that is not prime 

the whole reason for on demand content is to be ad free

no sense to pay extra for something that’s a given 

ive already watched new Dexter now anyway, & what I seen so far, it’s pretty trash

no other content is interesting enough

already ended membership 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well I agree that adverts are highly annoying. However in the US many streamers have adverts unless you pay extra.

Like Hulu, HBO Max, Paramount+ and Peacock.

Looks like Comcast is just wanting to expand their pocket in the UK with the exact style for adverts as Peacock which is Comcast owned. $5 extra for no adverts on the Peacock service.

The main problem with Sky is that they are not purchasing much new content outside of NBC, even then with the ultra slow rollout of Peacock which in the US has a decent content library. Whereas here we will have to wait months for the rollout of new content before the Peacock UK library is decent like the US.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 Well that’s typical yanks for ya, creating a society of indecisiveness & need to rely on adverts telling them what they want 

as a Brit, I know what I want & don’t want/like don’t like & being advertised stuff makes me not want whatever the idiots are trying to peddle