cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

I can honestly say what a serious shame that now tv has gone down the route of adverts. Now I do understand to some degree that they may be necessary to some extent, but seriously repeatedly showing adverts in the middle of programmes and worse of all even a 20 minute programme get interrupted by the same repeated adverts!! To say that getting boost is a work round is as bad as YouTube has got. In my opinion people were fine with price increases as now tv were always fair with price, but this takes this biscuit to be fair, I feel like I'm watching terristle tv or a free service such as Pluto tv... please, please, please get rid of the ads, it really does ruin the experience of watching TV the w

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You need to take out boost to get rid of any adverts.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 yes im fully aware that taking boost out will resolve the problem with adverts... but thats the point.. an extra £5 to get rid of adverts and have extra devices which is something we had before anyway is very cheeky in my humble opinion 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Oh I agree 100% with you. As frustrating as it is, that’s how the powers at be of NOW wanted to go with. 

Personally I feel that boost should be more than 1080p etc. maybe something like Netflix 4 streams and 4k.

RoyB
Legend

As my bank manager once recounted about a (possibly apocryphal) greengrocers, “they couldn’t make enough money selling fruit and vegetables, so they started charging for paper bags”. With the inevitable consequences…..

I think Now must have sneaked a look in their playbook 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined up on Thursday, not a single advert, then yesterday, all of a sudden, adverts! How can they possibly justify charging the amount they are, and showing adverts too? Incredibly disappointing.

redchiz1
Champion 2

They don't have to justify anything: "You pays your money and takes your choice."

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Were you watching live content? If so the adverts are NEVER going away I’m afraid.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, GoT, not live. I can understand and appreciate there would be adverts on the live content, but it is frustrating to have adverts on content I have already subscribed to.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s fine bud, a few other posters have complained about adverts on the live channels. Then refusing to accept that the only live channels which don’t have adverts are the BBC.

Have you tried a log out of the device your watching GoT on? 
This assuming you have boost of course.