cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

Hi all hearing rumours that nowtv will start to have adverts after 14/06 unless you have boost anyone know if this is true 

Thanks 

46 REPLIES 46
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AJ1006 

Whilst I agree about the adverts, this is just the way things are heading. And that’s regardless of the region.

It'll always be down to pricing. The other memberships are still too expensive to warrant slapping on £5 for boost just to get rid of adverts.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

I am as nonplussed as any other user when unwelcome changes are made to our services. But honestly, castigating global corporations for being "greedy," really? Do we really not know how capitalism works? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Indeed, I just wanted to express some feedback that this change means that
I will take my business elsewhere. If all their customers vote with their
feet then they will soon remove the adverts!
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Perhaps when you hit the "cancel" button they might offer you a sweetener to stay, what say you then?  😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Heh, I expect they will try that but I am a man of principle. 😊 There's
nothing that ruins an episode of a gritty, immersive drama more than
interrupting it 3 times with the same bloody McDonalds and volvo adverts!

It's the thin end of the wedge. If we tolerate 2 adverts every 20 minutes
then before long it'll be 10 adverts every 5 minutes. Make a stand people!
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you take out boost then you won’t get any third party adverts.

Currently I’m paying £1 for Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

It’s going to be really interesting to see if Now is haemorrhaging enough members, a month after all the changes, to give Now pause to stop and think if they have gone too far with them.

The only trouble is that they did so many things at once that members didn’t like, Now will have no idea what the sticking points were.

Hate the one at a time limitation? Especially with the ten-minute wait just to switch devices? Get Boost. It was ‘only’ another £3.

Hate the adverts? Feel you shouldn’t have to pay to stream, and still have to watch adverts?

Get Boost. It was ‘only’ another £3.

Oh, wait….Boost is now £5.

Feel you are being held to ransom here? Ah……..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.