cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

Hi all hearing rumours that nowtv will start to have adverts after 14/06 unless you have boost anyone know if this is true 

Thanks 

46 REPLIES 46
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Cancellation deals for Boost. I’m paying £1 a month and I’m not getting adverts.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AJ1006
Mentor

@Anonymous User 

I agree I do not pay £10 a month to watch adverts, the trailers at the begining of shows were tolerable as I did find a few ahows to watch from them, but not adverts for products. I do not use the catch up apps for Main channels as they have unskippable adverts. I will most probably be canceling when I have finished the shows I am watching.

@gavs82008 

We should not have to pay £5 more a month to get rid of adverts. This makes this service more expensive than there rivals and as far as i'm aware they have no adverts.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AJ1006 

Are you not on any discounts? 

My post above mentions that for all 3 of my memberships which include Boost I’m paying £9. 

And whilst I agree that it’s annoying that you shouldn’t have to pay more to get rid of adverts. But this is exactly the business model that takes place in the US and as Comcast is a US company which owns Sky therefore NOW, they will no doubt want to bring their business model to the UK.

The fact of the matter is, over the course of ring a customer at NOW for 7 years I’ve paid full price maybe 2 or 3 times.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A so many adverts. It's really annoying and makes me want to leave now tv. Sad times. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been a long time since I received any emailed offers  So have decided to leave Now on 7th July when my current pass ends, Might return if I were to receive any offers in the future but don't think this is going to happen and with all the generous offers people are currently on will possibly dry up in the future with then plowing ahead with there new business model

starman73
Elite

Regarding offers, I got £1/month for 2 months entertainment in mid-June and £19.97/month for 3 months Sports that has to be taken up by 13th July.  I suspect a Cinema offer is fairly imminent.  I suspect that from 15th July onwards there will be a lot of cancellations…

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why should we pay extra to remove ads? We’re paying already for a service. They should be paying us!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Like many others here I was dismayed to find that NowTV now injects adverts into programmes.  This will be the last time I use them until they reverse this annoying and greedy decision.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It won’t be reversed. Comcast who owns Sky are pushing their own business model regardless of the location.

You will either have to take out boost, or just cancel. 

AJ1006
Mentor

@Anonymous User 

I will be canceling in mid Nov once the DC show's i am currently watching come to an end.

I have also stopped watching anything new like the equalizer or law & order svu as no point starting when im goin to cancel

@gavs82008 

What works in one region doesnt mean it is correct for other regions. I can only hope that this will cause a lot of cancelations and they reverse the decision. I regards to boost the only way they will keep me subscribed is by giving me boost free, as I do not pay to watch adverts and I will not pay even more to get rid of them.