cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

Hi all hearing rumours that nowtv will start to have adverts after 14/06 unless you have boost anyone know if this is true 

Thanks 

46 REPLIES 46
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

Yeah my Sony TV updated not long ago and its "advertising" is very similar to the style of Amazon Fire Sticks. Which I don't mind too much. 

As for the NOW/SKY promos at the start of shows, this is something I have noticed with my Paramount+ US subscription. Depsite paying the extra for no adverts they play a non skippable Paramount+ promotional advert, generally last 15-30 seconds. 

Usually when I have seen any NOW promotional adverts its been on my iPad and on my old LG TV. Which were annoying but generally not consistent, I have no doubt in time the NOW promos will be across all devices.

What would be nice is they copied Amazon and at least give us the option to "Skip" the promos. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the option of paying an extra £5 a month for Boost, just to get back the service I already had a month ago (i.e. without intrusive ads at the start and in the middle of streaming).  Or the option of just saying to hell with it and cancelling my already overpriced Entertainment and Movies passes.

I took the latter option. There are enough other streaming services out there who don't push ads on a service I'm already paying for - I'll get my content from them from now on.

starman73
Elite

the option of just saying to hell with it and cancelling my already overpriced Entertainment and Movies passes.

I took the latter option. There are enough other streaming services out there who don't push ads on a service I'm already paying for - I'll get my content from them from now on.

I have Prime continuously as for £79/annum, I get movies, music and free delivery all ad free.  I have Disney for a year as I took it for £59/annum before price hike.  So they are my core streaming services.

The others are more discretionary.  I have Now Cinema and Entertainment when the email offers can’t be refused, ditto BritBox.  I tend to get Netflix for a month over summer vacation and a month over festive period.

I don’t see the logic of the Sky non-contract option (Now) being so restrictive. It’s not as if I am suddenly going to get a satellite dish.  I ditched that over 20 years ago for OnDigital!  Not been back to Sky since.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They can shove these adverts where the sun does not shine. Fair enough if this was a free service, but it's not. It's also not what it was a year or so ago and the content is now rather weak compared to the cheaper competition.

After 3 adverts back to back before a film I came on here to cancel. A discounted membership for 6 months has made me potentially stay.... for now. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Will put it this way, if it wasn’t for my discounts on all 3 of my memberships including boost to pay £9 a month then I would be gone quicker than the flash!

starman73
Elite

…not what it was a year or so ago and the content is now rather weak compared to the cheaper competition.

I find far more of interest on Prime and Disney + these days.  Even BritBox gives Now a run for its money.  Cinema is pretty dire, especially Sky Originals, except the superb Promising Young Woman.  Entertainment is pretty good though, always coming up with something worth watching and a decent back catalogue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very poor show by now tv and it will cost them I’m sure.

This service is not value for money. The prices have gone up and the service level has declined. Playing adverts in the middle of a program is pathetic and greedy, only being able to stream on one device at a time, your having a laugh! 
I will not be spending another penny on this rubbish and I hope lots and lots of others do the same. 

if they are getting greedy or offering a poorer service then hit them where it hurts, in the pocket. Whoever came up with this could cost now tv a lot of business 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you do not want to see adverts then I suggest you take out Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Me personally I’m paying £9 combined for entertainment, movies and boost. Haven’t seen a single advert nor even NOW promotional adverts .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why an earth do I want to be ripped off an extra £5 for boost? My point is I’m already paying for a service that I was getting without adverts and restrictions on how many family in my house can use at the same time.

this is just greed on now TVs part and I will be talking my business and my money elsewhere  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have just had the same convo with my wife. This is just greed, I have pay tv so I don’t have to watch adverts. I to will be leaving as soon as I can. I’m finding I never watch now tv anyway. Netflix is better so tends to watch that. Waste of money now tv