cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts

Hi all hearing rumours that nowtv will start to have adverts after 14/06 unless you have boost anyone know if this is true 

Thanks 

46 REPLIES 46
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s your opinion and your entitled to it. 
Mines is more greed from the company’s, they know they will pay for a service that has adverts and knowing well fine they will pay extra for no adverts.

Its literally nothing to do with wanting to be told what they want. Money, it’s always about money. They make more money when advertising is involved. 

Us in the UK have been very lucky where any adverts as has been on a free service like ITV, All4 and My5 for example. However we are unlucky to an extent where Sky and NOW are both owned by a US company. 

Me personally I’m completely unaffected by any adverts as I’m paying £10 for my boost, cinema and entertainment membership.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AJ1006
Mentor

Just came across adverts this evening very annoying, now just found out me and my mum are not going to be able to watch 2 different shows at the same time with out the boost. This is very disappointing. I dont not pay £10 a month for adverts, Looks like I will have to seriously consider the value of the service once the shows I am watching come to an end and probably cancel my subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AJ1006 

If you go to “cancel” your memberships you’ll be given discounts. Currently got boost, cinema and entertainment for £9 in total for 6 months

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Very nice

starman73
Elite

If you go to “cancel” your memberships you’ll be given discounts. Currently got boost, cinema and entertainment for £9 in total for 6 months

@gavs82008 

is that £9/month?  Or is £9 for 6 months a star poster perk?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Its £9 per month for the lot.

starman73
Elite

@gavs82008 is £9/month a special star poster rate?

As an aside, I pay £1/month for entertainment but have yet to see an advert.  Watched all of Murder in the Cottage and 3 episodes of Vinyl in recent days.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

No I wouldn't say so, just luck of the draw when "cancelling" memberships.

Went to cancel Entertainment got an offer, took it. Went to cancel movies, no offer, tried again the next day and got an offer, then I took it. 

starman73
Elite

@gavs82008 ok, it’s just luck then 😊. Even £9/month is more than Prime & Disney + for less.

I am awaiting a Sky cinema email offer.  Won’t be paying £10/month given the lack of decent new movies.   Will get Boost for Sports next month, ideally need to get a discount on Boost.

Saint1976
Elite 3

After years of not getting offers emailed or at the cancellation stage (and moaning about it) I've finally started to receive them so currently on some good rates for the next 6 months.

Saw my first Now promo ad the other day but as I understand it, they're being rolled out to different devices in stages with Roku devices being the latest to receive them. 

There's also been chatter on the Sky community that ads are appearing in on demand content with Sky Q so the policy isn't limited to Now.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-On/Ads-on-boxsets/td-p/3643773

On a slightly different topic that may affect you  @gavs82008 I've recently read that Android TV's will start receiving ads on the main landing page

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-tv-autoplaying-ads-homescreen/amp/