cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moviefan333
Advocate

Adverts

Hi all hearing rumours that nowtv will start to have adverts after 14/06 unless you have boost anyone know if this is true 

Thanks 

0 Thanks
38 Replies
Saint1976
Elite 2

Re: Adverts

@Moviefan333 they've already started and there are several threads already running on the subject.

Ads can be removed by purchasing a Boost membership.

0 Thanks
Tvstevie
Mentor

Yes from the 15th July and dropping down to only 1 stream without the £5 a month boost pass. A total disgrace in my opinion as it is a very poor platform and no adverts was all I paid for as all the programs are on Sky and at least you get a recordable box with it. 

AJ1006
Mentor

Just came across adverts this evening very annoying, now just found out me and my mum are not going to be able to watch 2 different shows at the same time with out the boost. This is very disappointing. I dont not pay £10 a month for adverts, Looks like I will have to seriously consider the value of the service once the shows I am watching come to an end and probably cancel my subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AJ1006 

If you go to “cancel” your memberships you’ll be given discounts. Currently got boost, cinema and entertainment for £9 in total for 6 months

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
Enapace
Expert 2

@gavs82008 

Very nice

Jason5223
Mentor

Very poor show by now tv and it will cost them I’m sure.

This service is not value for money. The prices have gone up and the service level has declined. Playing adverts in the middle of a program is pathetic and greedy, only being able to stream on one device at a time, your having a laugh! 
I will not be spending another penny on this rubbish and I hope lots and lots of others do the same. 

if they are getting greedy or offering a poorer service then hit them where it hurts, in the pocket. Whoever came up with this could cost now tv a lot of business 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason5223 

If you do not want to see adverts then I suggest you take out Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Me personally I’m paying £9 combined for entertainment, movies and boost. Haven’t seen a single advert nor even NOW promotional adverts .

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
AJ1006
Mentor

@Jason5223 

I agree I do not pay £10 a month to watch adverts, the trailers at the begining of shows were tolerable as I did find a few ahows to watch from them, but not adverts for products. I do not use the catch up apps for Main channels as they have unskippable adverts. I will most probably be canceling when I have finished the shows I am watching.

@gavs82008 

We should not have to pay £5 more a month to get rid of adverts. This makes this service more expensive than there rivals and as far as i'm aware they have no adverts.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AJ1006 

Are you not on any discounts? 

My post above mentions that for all 3 of my memberships which include Boost I’m paying £9. 

And whilst I agree that it’s annoying that you shouldn’t have to pay more to get rid of adverts. But this is exactly the business model that takes place in the US and as Comcast is a US company which owns Sky therefore NOW, they will no doubt want to bring their business model to the UK.

The fact of the matter is, over the course of ring a customer at NOW for 7 years I’ve paid full price maybe 2 or 3 times.   

0 Thanks