cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adverts are shocking!!!

Adverts on a paid subscription is a absolutely shocking . I have been a client for years , I think is time to cancel my subscription and keep only Netflix .

TOTALLY SHOCKING!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, if they don’t remove them I’ll be unsubscribing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is there adverts when I pay for my subscription

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

This has been discussed to death across the forum.

Whilst I don’t agree with it, we just have to either accept and move on. 

Simple answer is that Comcast are pushing their business model to here in the UK. If you want to get rid of the adverts then you have to take out Boost. 

On here nothing will be done, no-one from NOW will see your complaints so it will go unseen.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

An example of the many threads there is of “adverts”.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Adverts/td-p/561435/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sky do this to their subscription customers, and Now is a chip off the Sky block.

And like Sky, Now are boiling the frog. But unlike Sky, Now have not learned that you have to boil the frog slowly, and have made three highly unpopular changes all at once, which is like setting the saucepan on a very high heat.

Which the frogs are noticing, and so jumping ship by hopping it.🐸🐸🐸

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
billae01
Mentor

Absolutely. I don't expect to have advertising when I am shelling out substantial sums to avoid them. 

I'd just watch ordinary TV in that case. NOW: Amazon Prime; Netflix; Spotify........ It all adds up to a lot of money. 

I appreciate also that complaining here may well be a waste of time so people should complain to the Company or tell them you are not renewing an [number] of passes.

Given the general paucity of new content over the Covid period, we should be getting appreciated rather than having to pay more for less. 

I've not looked into Virgin Media because I could not have it. That will change soon and I may find that more palatable to my wallet and tastes. 

Somewhere along the lines, the concept of putting the customer first has been forgotten. 

I don't care about Comcast. That is an American model and their whole viewing ethic is as alien to us as chlorinated Chicken and GMOs.

starman73
Elite

I've not looked into Virgin Media because I could not have it. That will change soon and I may find that more palatable to my wallet and tastes. 

Virgin Media charge £21/month for Cinema.   It is not a cheaper option.  Even on an offer they charge £22/month for Sports and an extra £7/month for HD.  You won’t get much change from £50/month having Cinema + Sports HD on Virgin (£39.25 + £7/month).

Also for an entertainment equivalent, you are looking at paying at least £50/month on an introductory offer, and there is no Sky Atlantic.

I have the most basic package on Virgin, which cost £38/month + £8 talk anytime.  And pay £8/month to Now TV for Cinema, Entertainment & Boost.  My 3 month sports pass came with a £50 stick I got on Black Friday sale.