cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation code problems.

Can you please help... 

I am trying to help my Dad share my account on his apple tv. 

He enters my username and password and then it issues the activation code.

No matter how many times we enter this, it says we have entered the wrong code, which is not the case.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have never come across this before when using an Apple TV unless it's new.

Only ever encountered an activation code on setting up a NOW Box or Stick which is on initial switch on and not when you enter your existing account details from the NOW home screen page under the My Account tile section (bottom of the new look NOW App home screen page).

The only other time i have personally seen an activation code is on a Fire Stick when you first start the App, but this is an advert and you just click enter to remove it from the screen, then you navigate has normal to the My Account title box on the bottom of the NOW screen to enter your existing NOW account details.

Unless somebody else knows the answer or what's going on, then maybe get in touch with NOW live chat.

i am also assuming your Dad is using a newer Apple TV generation 4 box or above, because from the 27th of May this month the NOW App on the older ATV is going to be removed.

Also if using iTunes for NOW passes you will need to create a NOW account going forward.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/movies-entertainment-sports-apple-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you… yes, he’s on 4th Gen.

I spoke to chat and even they were unable to help?

I have uninstalled the app and re installed.

Again, same problem?

Bizarre (and annoying)… he lives for F1 and cant watch it. 😞
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry i won't be able to help much further because i don't own an Apple TV generation 4 or newer model (only have an old ATV 3 box which is going to be redundant for watching NOW on it from the 27th of the month 😡).

Like i said i have never come across NOW asking some sort of activation code when you enter your existing NOW account details into the relevant My Account section.

i am guessing it's an activation code and not your parental pin or payment pin details that you use on your NOW account ?

Hopefully somebody who has come across this activation code will come to your assistance.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity do you also own an Apple TV box and use your NOW account on it ?

if not i did read before that somebody had either a complex password with special characters or an extremely long password and had to change it for something more simplified to be able to login into the NOW App (don't think an activation code was involved mind).

Apart from deleting the NOW App i am guessing you tried temporary powering down the ATV box by unplugging it from the electrical mains socket and at the same time give your Router a reboot.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your help.

Yes, its a 4th Gen Apple tv. Software up to date and the latest now TV app.

I have just changed the password and lets see if that works?