cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

AMC to launch on BT with Fear The Walking Dead

Anyone hoping that Fox would get Fear The Walking Dead because they have The Walking Dead are out of luck.

In September AMC will launch a channel in the UK exclusively on BT.  One of the shows at launch will be Fear The Walking Dead.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/16/breaking-bad-broadcaster-launch-uk-amc-networks

I had really hoped that BT wouldn't get into having exclusive entertainment content.  Between Now TV, Netflix and Amazon I can see all of the content I want affordably without a contract.

I don't know how BT TV works.  The article says it's available for £5 a month.  Can anyone get it?  Or do you have to take broadband from BT?  Is it only on a contract or can you get it monthly like Now TV?

I just hope that Amazon can hang on to Halt & Catch Fire.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

19 REPLIES 19
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  It will be available via Amazon Prime Video from 2016.  I'm not sure about Google Play.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your not missing much watched first episode last night on my American streaming box and it was a pile of poop to be polite.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just seen that the first episode of fear the walking dead is going to air tomorrow on bt showcase freeview channel 59 at 9pm till 10.30pm, they are only showing the pilot on this channel though. If anyone's interested.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have Now TV because even as a BY Broadband customer that can't guarantee their TV package will work! Please please please let's have Fear The Walking Dead on Now TV soon 😱😱😱😱
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User that's not how rights deals work. BT have the exclusive contract for AMC, and Amazon signed up for the Fear episodes after that expires.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User that's not how rights deals work. BT have the exclusive contract for AMC, and Amazon signed up for the Fear episodes after that expires.

Yep...

Amazon recently added to the 'Fear The Walking Dead' episodes to their 'Prime' service... Which was nice Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have a Now TV box and am an Amazon Prime customer, any way of getting Fear The Walking Dead on my TV?

BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I have a Now TV box and am an Amazon Prime customer, any way of getting Fear The Walking Dead on my TV?

@Anonymous User Sadly the Amazon Video app isn't available for Now TV Box customers.   You can watch Amazon Prime Video through your tv by purchasing a Amazon Fire Stick for £35 (£25 if you have Amazon Prime Now in your area and place your first order), Amazon Fire TV, LG TV's or LG Smart Blu-ray players or a Roku box/stick.  There may be other devices, which I'm not aware of too.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I thought that was probably still the case; I was hoping I might be wrong but sadly not 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The way season 2 is going, you aren't missing much.