cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4K content

Exactly how much 4K content is there on now tv ?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is absolutely zero 4K content when using any nowtv passes, where the maximum streaming picture quailty is currently set at 720p.

If you have a NowTV 4K smart box you can watch YouTube in 4K, Netflix with the premium subscription in 4K and the BBC iPlayer App can play 4k where the World Cup and Dynasties TV show was offered in 4K UHD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is unlikely we will see 4K content on NowTV any time soon. We have been waiting for 1080P for a couple of years...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And after being around for all this time NowTV still only shows the movies in SD, you would think that in this day and age the movies would at least be in HD, Now TV isn't a cheap option if all you get is SD quality.

I regret wasting my money on the 4K box, it doesn't even have a coaxil input so if the internet goes down the box is usless, at least the smart box has coaxil input so if the internet goes down you still have the FTA channels via the antenna.

Another problem is that it doesn't even have bluetooth, in fact it doesn't even have a headphone socket on it.

All in all the 4K version is a big step backward and I won't be paying for any future passes once these freebies end the box will be going in the bin!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Now tv runs at 720p which is actually HD. SD refers to 540p or below. They don't include a Headphone socket because you can download the free Roku App, and if you put your headphones in there it'll port all audio through that to you. (Means you don't need to smash through batteries on a remote that way.)

1080p is long overdue now, but 4k is likely to be reserved for full Sky Q subscribers. (And they pay a lot more for that privelage too!)