cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re celebrating summer with something new…

11 17 13.5K

Summer’s officially here and if that wasn’t exciting enough, we’ve got not one, but two huge bits of news to tell you. 

Calling all sports fans – get ready to say hello to our new Sky Sports Month Pass. Our new Sky Sports Pass gets you a whole month of the biggest live sport from all 7 Sky Sports channels. So now you can choose a day, a week or a whole month of live Sky Sports from NOW TV. And don’t forget, there’s no contract and no hidden charges.

The Month Pass will arrive just in time for the new football season and you can grab yours for just £31.99 a month.

Next up, we’ve given our NOW TV Box a slick makeover. Our brand new box is just as small as ever, but it’s faster and smarter than before – plus, it’s a little sexier too. The latest box will also have a handy Ethernet port, giving you more ways to get online. You can still enjoy a world of entertainment on the box, like catch up TV, awesome apps and your favourite TV shows, movies and sport.

You don’t have to wait long to get your hands on our new NOW TV Box – it’s available now at www.nowtv.com/box for just £14.99 and will be rolling out in selected retailers in the coming weeks.

New NOW TV Box + Sky Sports Month Pass 

Until next time,

The NOW TV Team

Labels (1)
17 Comments
DarylM Legend 5
Legend 5

Exciting!

Any news on what boxes with passes will cost?

ctrlaltdelaney
Not applicable
is this going to include the voice search and fancy new remote with headphone socket that the new Roku has too?
0 Likes
nick4
Mentor

Can you give us a link to the specs?  Specifically will sky sports stream live in HD like Apple  TV does ? 

0 Likes
GraphiteGB
Champion

Can you give us a link to the specs?  Specifically will sky sports stream live in HD like Apple  TV does ? 

Unlikely the roku3 does not stream LIVE in HD so this box is even more unlikely to... The Apple TV is built on Apples RTSP, MOV and M4V tech so has a Past history of streaming LIVE events in HD...

Never mind that the Consoles that Cost £250+ apps and PC apps don't stream in HD is a bigger clue...  

nick4
Mentor

I emailed now TV support people and they confirmed that  the new now TV box still won't  stream live sports in HD.  Shame.

0 Likes
KernowChris
Scholar 2

Then why release it.

GraphiteGB
Champion

The box is releasing  because NowTV  Mark 1 box is to slow in CPU and Low in RAM to run NEW HTML5 frameworks released by BBC and Google Youtube apps correctly..

The mark 1 device Will reach incompatablity status with new apps at some point... and applications and services will stop upgrading.. 

Hence the release of the Mark 2 box... that will have updates and features that will keep it behind the More expensive, Nexus player and Amazon FireTV boxes but be low enough in price that the discounted box remians an option over the ROKU 3 full price box... 

jjjkghj
Advocate
Great news about the monthly pass, especially since stopping sky go for non satellite customers.
Sali
Scholar

Given that the stream is SD although good value compared to subscription or individual passes, I would still only like to pay £20 a month for SD and £30 for HD, no nonsense prices

GraphiteGB
Champion

The pre recorded content is HD.. only live is SD... on the roku line of boxes..  

0 Likes
GrantROKU
Not applicable

Love the redesign on ROKU3. Really makes the Live TV more accessible rather than an afterthought and seems far more intuitive. Congratulations to all involved!

0 Likes
dickwilliamson
Advocate

Whats the release date for the box so I can log on and get one, or can I pre order through our account with you?.

0 Likes
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @dickwilliamson

No official date yet, however keep an eye on the blog posts, our Forum and social media accounts for further updates 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Simon_hardie
Not applicable
£32 for sports, Sky has and always will be ripoff merchants. How about a sky football channel with football only subscription as I don't watch other sports so don't see why I should pay for
0 Likes
Roy Crofton
Not applicable

Does this new box have plex pre installed?

0 Likes
pethead65 Legend 5
Legend 5

No, Plex is not available Smiley Sad

0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5
Roy, Pethead65 but as before it's still possible to sideload it via the developer options.
0 Likes