cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The NOW TV Box App just got a whole new look. Here's what's new...

8 55 35.5K

If you’re a lucky owner of our award-winning NOW TV Box, you might have noticed that things look a little different. That’s because we’ve given our NOW TV App a bit of a makeover. We’ve listened to what you think and we’ve made the app simpler, quicker and even easier to use. 

So, whether you’re searching for the latest episode of your favourite TV show, planning Friday night’s NOW TV movie marathon or counting down the seconds until kick-off, we’ve got it covered.

Here’s what we did (in a nutshell):

Finding something to watch

• With spruced-up navigation, it’s now easier to find your way around.
    • For movie buffs, we’ve made searching by genre a lot simpler. So whether you’re an action addict, a Disney lover or want something Hot Right Now, we’ve got it sorted.

Movie Navigation

• With big images and handy descriptions, it’s now easier to decide what to watch.
    • We’ve put more movies and TV shows at your fingertips, so you can get straight to the biggest entertainment.

Entertainment Navigation

Before you start watching

• You’ll love our big, bold full screen layout for Movies and Entertainment. If you’re searching for your favourite TV show, you’ll clearly see exactly what seasons and episodes are available on NOW TV.

Entertainment Episodes

Your account

• You can simply pick up where you left off in the My TV section. It’s got everything you’ve watched in one place.

mytv.jpg

Watching live TV

• You asked for it, we made it. Our new Live Guide lets you quickly see what’s on and what’s coming up. It’s easy to get to and it’s great for those who like to catch the latest shows, movies and sport.

Live Guide

But that’s not all. There’s still more to discover on the NOW TV Box, so sit back and start watching. 

Until next time,

The NOW TV Team.

Labels (1)
55 Comments
Evan Grascky
Not applicable

Will this new look come to PS4?

Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi Evan,

Definitely. I can't reveal when, but it'll be on its way soon...

Tom

Michael Frankland
Not applicable
Still no way of watching bt sport via Now TV ?
Ashraf uddin
Not applicable
Love it, definately more interactive and has a "expensive" feel to it
Lucy dovey
Not applicable
When will you add subtitles for the hard of hearing
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

*insert mcdonalds i'm lovin' tune* Heart

Icehouse
Scholar

Poor. Even harder to find the Genres than previously. Still resorts to pushing random categories such as featured,most popular, box sets etc

Can't understand why the only real Genres are Comedy and Drama, whatever happened to Crime and Sci-Fi....

Paul Robertson-Brown
Not applicable
Any chance of a Samsung TV addition
Harry Williams
Not applicable

Will my NOW box be upgraded or do I have to get a totally new box?

Sarah Davies
Not applicable
Mine hasn't changed 😐
0 Likes
Colin Minchin
Not applicable

The app is fine. Now you have to sort out your streaming. A number of times I've had to abandon watching programmes as they've stopped half way through, buffering on zero. Sometimes they fail to load in the first place. Last night ep 4 of Jordskott got stuck jalfway through. Repeated attempts to restart, reload etc did nothing. I've had the same problem with Fortitude and Penny Dreadful. GoT splutters and jerks all the way through. I have fibre optic cable broadband running at 152 mbts per second so the problem isn't this end. Very frustrating.

artesea Legend 5
Legend 5
Harry it's just a software update to the NOW TV app itself. Sarah the app should update automatically, although if you check for a Software Update in the settings it should force it.
Wingr1993
Not applicable

I got this update early then as I have had this on my now tv box for over a month now. I only just recently recived the email about the update now.

0 Likes
amyloulow
Advocate

Shame that you cant watch live tv through the BBC iplayer app. Thats the whole reason i got it as i dont have a live aerial in my flat. Randomly i can watch live tv through the ITV player! Thats it though. Also All4 said you can now watch live tv but i cant on the Now TV box!

estherhew
Not applicable

I love the new look. I just wish that there was a feature which would allow you to see what films you had watched already and also if there was a feature that enabled you to select films to watch at a later day (so that you don't have to scroll through everything again and then forget what film you wanted to watch). 

Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

@amyloulow you can watch some live content. We've just been watching the tennis in the office. In iPlayer, go to Channels, then select the channel you want, and if there's anything available to watch, there's an "On now" pane to the left of the screen.

Thanks,

Tom

RonR
Not applicable

Are you going to put Amazon LoveFilm App On ?

GregCH
Not applicable
It's a shame that years of complaints from the deaf and hard of hearing about the lack of subtitles have apparently, and ironically, not been listened to. Shiny new user interfaces don't mean much if you can't follow anything the service has to offer!
Pattyk
Not applicable
Are you going to update it enough so we can put voucher codes in WITHOUT having to put credit card details in???
Samsungmike55
Advocate
Are you planning on adding other channels I would quite like more music channels for example
amyloulow
Advocate

@Tom-R

Thank but i have never seen that option. I will check it out and see if its there. 

0 Likes
amyloulow
Advocate

@Tom-R Out of interest is that on the PC or on the TV? There are differences to watching through the 2 ways. 

0 Likes
Mrteajunkie
Not applicable

I have plex installed on my now TV box as a dev app.

will this update wipeout my plex channel?

artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@amyloulow it's on the NOW TV box through the iPlayer app.

@mrteajunkie the update is to the NOW TV app, not the boxes firmware. Dev apps should be unaffected.

kreay
Not applicable

Will the app be available on kindle ?

geera1
Advocate
Already had this 'update' on my Roku for a few weeks. Doesn't make finding content any easier, not keen.
Stevieevie
Advocate
Poor, the new version is just making it harder for you to find genres and you seem to just be pushing what you want us to watch. I'm sure there may be some funding for you on this front from the distributors, however we pay for the service to watch what we want! We want clear categories in easy to find places! I'm away from work and only have my iphone app, but genres has vanished from the top level choices!?!
DeafLepid
Advocate

When will you provide subtitles?

Kevin Brown
Not applicable
When are you going to provide subtitles, or are you going to continue to marginalise the disabled with hearing problems?
Pauline Peters
Not applicable
Got an email to say that my payment couldn't be processed. I thought it was a scam, but indeed, I couldn't watch nowtv. It would appear that this has happened the same time as the update. A bit annoying. Anyone else had a similar problem? (direct debit was due to go out today)
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Pauline it's not direct debit, but a reoccurring card payment. If your card has recently expired or been replaced you'll need to update your details here https://watch.nowtv.com/account/cardDetails

0 Likes
Phil Reeve
Not applicable

When is audio descrption going to appear?

2015 and visualy impaired people are still missing out.

Pauline Peters
Not applicable
It comes out of my bank account and neither my card has expired, or has been replaced. Never had a problem before and have had nowtv for over a year now. It just seems odd to me
0 Likes
jeffro51
Advocate
Virgin media love it or hate them ! It's made for streaming stuff like the fabulous nowtv 👍
0 Likes
jeffro51
Advocate
Rolling contract what's difficult Pauline , messages about money coming out your account ignore it , they only take what you watch month by month unless you stop payment 😉
0 Likes
Smudger531
Mentor

My box no longer connects to the internet after the new version updated!!!

tried everything online to get going but getting fed up now.

karen hodgson
Not applicable
I've never been able to use the demand 5 app it won't load, is this just me or does everyone have this problem?
0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Karen, I watched Lip Sync Battle the other week on Demand 5 without issue. 

0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Stevieevie you'll find the categories within All TV Shows on both the box and the mobile. 

Stevieevie
Advocate
Great stuff Thank you very much
0 Likes
Bob Harrod
Not applicable

I spent an entire evening on 'live chat'.  What a laugh, I've seen more life in a crematorium! All because I couldn't find 'live TV'.  The rep was hopeless, just didn't understand my problem.  He had me sticking pins in the back of the box and finally going on line to sign up for Sky Movies which I didn't want.  Eventually I found that 'Live TV' is now called 'Watch Live' Simple! But of course I wasn't looking for that so didn't see it.  Bit of a senior moment.  If it aint broke, why fix it!

0 Likes
Daveyfamily
Not applicable
Love new look,much easier,
0 Likes
jenand
Advocate

Will this update be coming to the LG Smart TV app?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kreay, 

Not at this moment in time. 

Please keep an eye out for any updates. 

Thanks, 

NOW TV Team 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DeafLepid and @Kevin Brown 

We are always looking into this. 

We have no plans in the pipeline at this moment in time. 

Please keep an eye out for any updates. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

0 Likes
Thomas_Bam
Advocate

Does anyone know if there is a Now TV app in the works for Android TV (Nexus Player)?

0 Likes
birchanslow
Advocate

Will BT sport be shown on Now TV anytime soon?

0 Likes
Jimmy99
Advocate

This is just a new frock on the same tired, old body.

Instead of moving the 'cursor' horizontally across the screen to select stuff we now move vertically and have some more pictures to look at: a bold new update? Really?

The time and budget spent designing this new interface could have been saved and spent on things that people actually want and need:

> Subtitles

> "Add To Favorites" option for watching later and for knowing which episode you've already watched.

> Better genres

Amazon and Netflix seem to be able to manage these gargantuan tasks; why is it so difficult for Sky to implement?

Really, how hard can it be to add subtitles? All the movies and TV shows produced these days have closed captions available for them. Sky hasn't got to write them, just drop them on top of the picture!

Give your subscribers what they want and ask for and not what you want them to endure!

JJ

jackm1363
Advocate
Well we have just retuned from holiday and after usual tasks at home sat down to relax with the NOW box. What on earth have you done to it? It is like a bargain basement sale presentation of programs that you want us to watch and no genres button to browse with. It is hideous! Are you really trying to get rid of customers? Do you have too many?
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@jackm1363 genres are included in All TV Shows at the bottom.