cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV Player on the NOW TV Box. You want it? You got it.

1 31 46.8K

Your favourite little friend, the NOW TV Box has a big surprise for you. It already has so much to offer – Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sport, 4OD, Demand 5 and BBC iPlayer... But we know you’ve been asking for a certain app that’s close to your hearts and we’ve heard your wishes. So we’re happy to tell you that *drumroll* ITV Player is now available on your NOW TV Box.

ITV Player NOW TV Box.jpg

So from today, all of you with a NOW TV Box will start to see the ITV Player App magically appear on your Boxes as part of a phased rolled out over the next few weeks and you’ll be able to catch up on content from ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and CITV from the last 30 days. This means if you have a NOW TV Box, you’ll be able to enjoy ITV’s 34 World Cup matches and episodes from Coronation Street, Midsomer Murders and much more.

But we’re not stopping there here. You’ll see many more changes and additions to the NOW TV Box over the next month, including a shiny new look and feel which will make navigation easier. The BBC Sport App will also be making an appearance.

So if you don’t have a NOW TV Box just yet, get your hands on one as soon as you can. Luckily for you, it’s pretty easy. You can order it online here and you can also find it in shops such as Argos, John Lewis, and Tesco. Oh, and let us tell you a secret. The NOW TV Box makes the perfect Father’s Day gift – sports, movies, TV… It’s everything you both love. Plus it’s really quick and easy to set up so you can settle down on the sofa and enjoy a game, get into an addictive TV show or watch the latest and biggest movies right away (with or without Dad!)

Ready? Then sit back and take a look at what your NOW TV Box has to offer you today.

Labels (2)
31 Comments
james01255
Advocate

Love now tv only a shame you cant get rid of some entertainment channels for a few different ones

0 Likes
alroutemaster
Advocate

Wonderful, now what about the new ITV Encore channel on Sky?

0 Likes

any idea when it will land? We have NOW TV as our only source of TV and would appreciate being able to see the world cup games via the box!

0 Likes
shorty2468
Advocate

Brill for the new catch up channels all we need now is 1080p hd wood be nice 

0 Likes
Tron2000
Advocate

Does anyone have the itv player installed yet as I have been checking the app store and its not listed, I have tried a software update and resetting the box to make sure its not my end that's missing it.

Where is the itvplayer? I can't find it!

arty1973
Advocate

why hasnt the itv player come on stream yet?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Likes
mac1611
Scholar

got itv player now but............................ onbly a handful of progs showing ,yesterday only about 6 progs shown in the morning.Am i missing something or is it a cut down version on the nowtv box? .No catch up that i can see????? 

Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi mac1611,

Have you tried log out from the app, exit the app, turn off your TV, unplug it from the back and plug back in. Once the TV is up and running, please launch the app and try to sign back in. Thanks

0 Likes
Torkyboy
Advocate

Itv player yes but no subtitles???  How come?

TAT

Anyone know why I can only watch current programmes on itv player and not last 30 days?

0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@TAT no idea why, but ITV claim it's working as designed (I expect it'll be fixed in a future update). For now select the most recent episode, sit through the adverts, once the titles start press up and an option should appear to show "All previous episodes", select the correct one, wait for the adverts again, finally you are watching what you want.

Stefleanne
Advocate

Why can i only see certain programmes on itv player.If i go online and into itv player i can watch all the shows but on now tv i can only see a few? Also i dont have itv. Only itv2,3 etc.

artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Stefleanne I'm guessing you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland. ITV is blocked by STV and UTV from having ITV1 in those regions. However if you change your postcode on the ITV app to somewhere in England or Wales you should be fine. 

As for the missing shows, for some bizarre reason ITV have programmed the app to only show the most recent episode, however starting that and hitting pause once the adverts have finished will bring up a list from the last 30 days.

kidnormal
Advocate

ITV Player on NOW TV box only shows a limited number of available episodes - e.g. 3 episodes of "Barging Around" are available through a computer but only the latest one using NOW TV box.

Is there a way to solve this?

0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@kidnormal start the episode listed, once the adverts have played out hit pause. You'll now have a list of all the other episodes of the show.

yandc
Not applicable

Is there any possibility that STV Player will be added at some point in the future?

Cherylbear
Not applicable
This is going to sound daft but can't find answer anywhere... Can you get normal channels with now tv, eg BBC, ITV etc? Set up my box tonight and don't know where to find them
0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@cherylbear I believe the iPlayer app now allows you to watch live, however the box, nor the NOW TV app were designed to watch live domestic channels.

Louise mitchell
Not applicable
Is there any subtitles in BBC & ITV iPlayers?
0 Likes
Spriggs
Mentor

Trying to find previous episodes of downton abbey on now tv through tv but only seem to be able to watch last episode?!  Yet all episodes available on tablet through itv app?  Sort yourself out nowtv......thats why I got the box to watch catch up.....rapidly going off this service you provide

DarylM Legend 5
Legend 5

@Spriggs  You have to play one episode then, after the initial ads, press pause.  An option should appear with something like 'more episodes'.  You can then watch any ep from the last 30 days.

The ITV app for the Now TV box is very badly designed.

Bigbirdsue1
Advocate
Thank you @Spriggs, was dissapointed no catch up avaiable on ITV Player, works using the pause process. Not ideal though!
Magi1974
Observer
Can't find coronation Street in its player why is this when BBC player shows eastenders??
0 Likes
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@Magi1974 if you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland you don't get ITV1 as you have either STV or UTV. However the app only knows this based on the postcode you entered. You could always use a different one. 

YESWEB
Scholar

Downtown Abbey watching on my Apple TV box logged into nowtv. End of series 3 Xmas episode 9 is missing... Why? This is such an important episode leading into series 4. Why is it missing?

0 Likes
YESWEB
Scholar

Aha found this evening. After watching season 4.. Season 5 starts with ep 1 Xmas episode ( a season late ) please note NOWTV this episode should be placed as season 4 ep 1 Xmas episode!! Is anyone listening?...

0 Likes
Steph050824
Occasional Poster
On whats on now on itv hub why will some programmes not play/show
0 Likes
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Steph050824  you have posted on an old Now blog.   ITV content varies according to what part of UK you are in for instance you can't get ITV1 in Scotland.  Some content is also only released by ITV to certain apps across certain devices.  Are there any particular programs you are looking for?

0 Likes
Steph050824
Occasional Poster
Ha..didnt realise soz.. just only have now in room and was trying to watch film on itv but not available on the platform.. im guessing they only allow certain programmes.. im in london. Thanks