cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

tv guide on nowtv stick

I have purchased a stick to replace a faulty box for an 85 year old.

The big issue is that whereas the box had a TV guide for all channels, i.e.BBC1,2  ITV1, 2 etc, the sticks TV guide is for SKY only!

It is quite an ask to have to use the remote to select my apps, then the station, then channel, then programme for each programme they want to watch.

Selecting from the TV guide was simple.

This is a complete headache.

Is there an easier way to do it please?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the previous NowTV Box used was the smart box with the inbuilt Freeview tuner (Blue NowTV logo on the top of the box casing where you plugged a TV aerial into the back of the box).

The NowTV stick doesn't have an inbuilt TV tuner and therefore doesn't support over the air Freeview channels, hence the reason you can't find or see a full TV Freeview channel guide.

With the stick you only see the NowTV Entertainment channels in the TV Guide section.

You mentioned the old box was faulty, what was the fault ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Wow, never thought of that...you are absolutely right. Thank you so much.
The old box kept losing sound and sometimes the picture stuck too. Only
happened on BBC channels though.

Cheers
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you still got the NowTV Box ?

If so, try connecting it up again including the TV aerial and under the box menu settings undertake a fresh TV retune of the TV stations to see if there is any improvement of the BBC channels where Freeview have been making changes with the over the air TV signals.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tvchanges#WmlozIIFXFm8qYzf.97

Anonymous User
Not applicable
ok, will do and will let you know how it goes.
thank you so much.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done as suggested, reconnected old box and retuned TV channels.  It worked! No issues now, thank you.