cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

'oops...something went wrong'

Everything I try to watch won’t load and says the above message.

Connection is fine and everything else seems to be ok. Not sure why I can’t watch anything! Was working fine 2 days ago. 

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried switching the power off to your router for 20 minutes to see if that clears the "oops something went wrong" message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi!

No, I will try that later - thank you!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everytime I complete an application for the TV stick I get the Oops something went wrong.Whats going on ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I hav"nt .I will try it.  Seems bad to have to do this though.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

There was a bug a few months ago that if you manually changed the External Control settings under the System settings on the nowtv devices from it's Default mode, then it would cause a "Oops Message" on any App that you tried to open.

My smart box doesn't do this anymore now, so i am assuming its fixed.

Worth checking on your nowtv box / stick that under the menu settings that External Control is set to Default.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm trying to set up my 4K box. All the settings are done fine and I'm connected to the internet. I was asked to go onto nowtv.com/tv and enter a code and create an account - this again was done fine and I was then passed to the pass screen and select sky sports. It was then the tv sceeen changed from the code screen to "there was a problem loading the page" and it then takes me back to the let's get started page . When I click get started I get the error page . It's stuck in a loop . I've done the reset and I have unplugged etc . Please help asap many thanks Natalie 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just got a smart stick , I’ve installed and all updates are ok but now it is stuck on the Get started page I push ok and all I get is Oops something went wrong , we can’t load the next page !!!! Nowtv works fine if I use my phone , also tried unplugging and resetting but to no avail 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here - just received it today and setting it up and getting same error message - and there is another post where a lot of people are experiencing the same problem today. I spoke to someone via Live Chat who just said she'd pass it on and someone would email me back, however while I was speaking to her a red error message came up on the website saying that they were experiencing problems with the set up of the sticks and they were working to resolve it. I haven't seen the error message since but it's clearly a problem a lot of people are experiencing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi have you had any success in resolving this problem as I have tried to set mine up today and I am getting exactly the same fault. I already had an account with a white box but could no longer get the channel 4 app now I carnt get anything