cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

can't add TVnow stick to account

I have an account and can watch Nowtv on my tablet or phone - the samsung smart TV i have is a little too old to have the app available ( E series ). the andriod box I have will load the nowtv app on it but the app wont let it send via HDMI...

So I got the nowtv stick - when you turn it on it gives a code to enter online at www.nowtv.com/tv when you do this and add the account that's created already I get this message   

Oops something went wrong

Sorry, something went wrong at our end, please refresh this page to continue.

I get this message if I use a laptop or my desktop or my phone or my tablet..... can anyone help - all my devices are up to date with software etc - I think this is an issue with servers at nowtv - live chat is down so I can't ask - 

any on here have any ideas ??? 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The link you posted is the right link when entering the six digit code from your television screen if you are a UK customer with a UK supplied Stick.

I believe if you are a Republic of Ireland customer their link should direct them to the ROI website where i think from memory instead of gb in the link it should be ie and ROI customers need to source their Stick from Authorised ROI retailers and not from places like Amazon UK or Ebay UK sites.

I tend to use MS Edge or Fire Fox when setting up my new nowtv boxes or sticks (never had a problem myself).

You could try your browser in a Private Window or inCognito Mode to see if it accepts the code off the television.

Or maybe the nowtv link is currently having problems due to high traffic or could be a temporary glitch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @schnapps 

thanks for your post - tried the things you suggested but still no joy 😞 

will try again tomorrow

looks like its not just me either 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nah still doing the same

Does anyone know if I get the Roku 4k stick, is the setup process the same ?

Thanks in advance for any help

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried MS Edge internet browser where it looks like it worked for @Anonymous User who also reported the problem activating his NowTV device on here ?

Another thing are you using any VPN service or extra than the normal security blocking software on your internet devices or Router ?

The Roku players work on a similar activation code method though the code shown on the screen needs to be done on the Roku website dedicated setup webpage and not NowTV's.

I remember somebody mentioning a while back now that they had problems activating their code with Chrome on the Roku website and another person said something about problems using Roku devices from the Channel Islands.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No luck with Edge/Firefox / Chrome or Cake browsers on multiple devices - so I returned the product

no support from NowTV ( understandably ) and the phone number clearly states no support was given to nowTV on the line....

thanks for your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm just trying to set up my smart stick and the same thing is happening to me 😡