cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow. Check This awful sound!

It would appear that the constant freezing is not the only issue I have with the NOWTV Stick. Check the sound quality out on this! It's just noise.........

Safe to say I have had enough! Taking it back for a refund!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That sounds like the TV speaker overmodulating. Try turning down the volume on the Roku remote slightly, see if the distortion goes away.

Have you enabled Night Mode in the sound options? (If so, turn it off). Also, are you using stereo or Dolby/DTS audio choice?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

That sounds like the TV speaker overmodulating. Try turning down the volume on the Roku remote slightly, see if the distortion goes away.

Have you enabled Night Mode in the sound options? (If so, turn it off). Also, are you using stereo or Dolby/DTS audio choice?

Nah, It's actually a NOW TV Stick. In a previous posting I mention how when it gets hot, it dies, while streaming! Literally!

Nothing works until it is unplugged from the power source and rebooted.

This was an instance whereby it didn't crash, but at the credits of the movie decided to distort the sound! Down to the heat? Not sure. But I have now reverted back to the tried and tested NOW Tv box and everything is working fine.

I personally believe the NOW TV Sticks are flawed. Maybe future software upgrades may hold the key, but until it is acknowledged that there is a problem, it is likely nothing will get done, and it will mean "our engineers are trying to fix the issue" is the only credible solution.