cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worse than the Now TV Box...

I'm having huge problems with this stick.

Ok so I originally had the Now TV Box. Was pretty happy with it - never really had any real problems with buffering and quality

Now with the stick it's continuously terrible streaming quality - can barely make out the faces of people they are so pixelated.

To do a test I plugged in my old now tv box and switched HDMI Input between the two - watching the same Youtube video (All my other devices are used up so had to take my old box off as a device and my now tv stick as a new device)

Now TV Stick - Terrible picture quality 

Now TV Box - Perfect picture quality

I have 30mb download speed. My internet is not the issue. 

What should I do! 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would try a reset on the stick and your router to see if there is any picture quailty improvement.

If there is no difference then maybe try a full factory reset and setup the stick again.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

If your nowtv box is also working over WiFi and not Ethernet, then i would go into menu settings on both devices to compare the WiFi signal to see if there is a big difference with the WiFi reception.

Try these things first to see how you get on.

Edit ~ Just a side note, if your stick is plugged into the USB port on your TV for power, then maybe try using the supplied mains power adaptor to see if there is any improvement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been using the box in the attic room of my house for nearly two years. With zero problems.

The stick is terrible.

I bought one for my bedroom a whole floor closer to our router and it never works. Waste of money. Nothing wrong with connection. I’ve even opened up to its own steaming channel with help from Vodafone. This was after fallowing all advice from now tv to reset etc.

There is clearly an issue with WiFi connections. 

Don’t buy this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish I had read this yesterday the stick is a worthless piece of junk from what I can see

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is indeed a piece of crap. Mine worked fine for about a month now I can't get a WiFi signal. In the middle of trying all their tweaks and resets.....nothing is working. If you have five other devices including an old Now TV box that all work perfectly well but the Now TV stick can't connect to a network, what does that tell you?.....That the Now TV stick is a piece of crap!