cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will not connect

I hope someone can help. I had a now tv box and it worked great, then for no reason I couldn't connect to network and it says

(activation  plug in not downloaded:-4)

I then bought a new stick and it worked for 2 days and now this is coming up again. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? Advise would be appreciated as I don't know if I should return to Argos. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted 👍.

Reading the linked thread that i posted, it does seem a little persistence on the users side is needed with this error code to get it resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Maybe something in this similar thread will point you in the right direction ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Set-up-problem/td-p/427586/page/4

Also, if you are using a VPN service may effect this and i am sure somebody else had this error on the forum and they said it was their Router extra security that was causing the problem.

Where they had to temporary disable their additional internet security on their router to allow the nowtv stick to finish the download process (i believe on NowTV Routers or Sky Routers the additional security is called Broadband Buddy and Sky Sheild, not sure what other ISP's call their internet security software). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A big thank you for your help yesterday. On the 5th attempt it worked. My Grandson was so pleased to have it back on. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted 👍.

Reading the linked thread that i posted, it does seem a little persistence on the users side is needed with this error code to get it resolved.