cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will NowTv stick work with.......

Hi, I have an old Samsung UE40ES5500 smart TV which does not support the NowTV App. If i bought a stick would that work or am i wasting my money?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV stick should work on any HD television that has a HDMI port on it.

What you got to be careful about with the stick is the wifi reception signal on it, where the stick is usually tucked behind the television which hampers wifi reception coverage.

If you have a good wifi reception towards the back of your TV (perhaps use a smartphone to give you a general idea what the wifi signal is like and have a internet download speed higher than 2.5Mbps then you should be fine with the stick).

Should you find the wifi reception a bit ropey then maybe consider a NowTV box instead where the box is usually located on a shelf below your television and has more space around it for picking up the wifi signal on your Router and also in my opinion the box seems to have a better inbuilt wifi antenna over the stick and is less prone to running warm / hot.

Also the NowTV box has an Ethernet port on it and if practically possible in your setup i would always recommend going down the hard wired Ethernet route over wifi for a more stable streaming experience.

Perhaps go with the stick first and if it isn't stable over wifi send it back for a refund and look at the box instead has a second alternative option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Schnapps, Thanks for that I'll give it a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a house extention and the extra length and distance from the TV work's a treat cheap fix only cost  £3 😀😀😁