cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is going on with my stick

I have had my Now TV stick since  February no problems til last week. I have had to do a reset everyday. It works fine for the evening then when I turn on the following day I get the home screen and the remote won't work - so I reset again and the same thing happens again. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try step 6 in this linked guide (update the software even if it's showing the same version software number) ?

If step 6 doesn't fix it then try a full factory reset on the stick by going into the stick menu settings under Advanced System Settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe try step 6 in this linked guide (update the software even if it's showing the same version software number) ?

If step 6 doesn't fix it then try a full factory reset on the stick by going into the stick menu settings under Advanced System Settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow, I don't fancy another fight with the TV tonight 😉

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it doesn't work then you will have to contact nowtv live chat and ask them to escalate the problem to their Technical Dept.

Link below to live chat, work your way through the step by step process then scroll towards the bottom of the screen page and click on the arrow underneath Get in Touch to see the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This sounds like a problem with the remote rather than the Stick. Are the batteries still good?

Also try downloading the Roku app, which includes a Roku remote that will work a Now TV Stick, and pair it with the Stick.

Then, in the morning, if that works and the physical remote doesn’t, that will reveal the culprit.

But if both don’t work, it’s the Stick.

For a Stick Reset, by the way, make sure the Stick is powered, and hold in that button on the side for a long time, maybe 15-30 seconds. Anything shorter is likely to be a reboot, rather than a reset.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi again,

you were right about it being the remote

it definately isnt the batteries

i pair and its fine usually but not always for the whole evening then it just stops responding and i have to pair again i cant stand that i cant work it work out why

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing exactly the same! Seriously interested if anyone figures this out.