cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayceyF
Scholar

What is an 'Issue Report Tracker"?

I was trying to watch one particular programme on Sky Arts yesterday, and it just kept beachballing (OK, I know that's a Mac term, but I don't know what else to call it!), then the screen went black, and then I got this message:-

Issue report tracker

Please use ID 40-459-084 to report the current issue

Does anybody have any idea what this means?  (It's nowhere to be found in NOW Help!)

I would love to 'report the current issue' but don't know how to?  (It kept doing the same thing with this one programme, and I had to bounce NOW every time. Other programmes were fine?)

My set-up is just a NOW stick in a small TV, which has been working fine since the get-go - never seen anything like this before? 🤔

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Reading on the NowTV Forum and over on NowTV Twitter in the last 48 hours quite a few customers (especially LG Smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox & PS4 users are encountering the four coloured spinning loading content problem on their screens).

To report the problem your best option is to either use the live chat service by clicking the green chat button on this link below or send them a message using the web form on the same link page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

JayceyF
Scholar

Thanks for that - I'll try them.  (However, I haven't tried that programme again today - I'll do that before doing anything else.  But even if it works, I'd still like to know what the message meant?)

What seems odd is that the phrase 'Issue report tracker' suggests that there is an established process in place to deal with 'issues', but there just isn't?  (Or if there is, it's not obvious!)  Even weirder, googling this phrase alongside "NOW TV" brought up precisely nothing!  (It came up relating to other systems, but not to NOW.)  Curiouser and curiouser...🤨

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Out of curiosity what TV show and episode number was you trying to watch on Sky Arts.

If you post back the information i will check it on my NowTV box to see if i can either watch the TV programme or if i encounter a similar error.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Not familiar with that error message to be honest, but if i can test the TV show in question i can see if i can duplicate the message on my NowTV box.

My guess it might be the content is still advertised on the NowTV service, but has been removed for some reason (usually the license rights has expired between NowTV and the TV studio or Rights holder).

JayceyF
Scholar

It was Sky Arts, Portrait Artist of the Year, Season 7, Episode 1.

And interestingly, it's still not working for me? 😏  Only this time, I'm just getting the constantly revolving blobs, that don't go away.  If I press the  ⬅️  key, I then get the black screen again - but no message this time?  (Yesterday it hung and had to be bounced - I thought the same today, but after pressing a few buttons, I noticed that the Sky Store button did actually work, so through that I was able to get back to the Home screen without any bouncing necessary.)

Yes, I would be interested to know if you can get this programme! 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Season 7 episode 1 of The Portrait Artist of the Year seems to be playing fine for me with the five minutes i tested it.

Worked first time when using my NowTV 4K box, by using the star * search button and picking up the episode from there.

Wondering because the other episodes on season 7 are 7 days apart with the leaving date highlighted in orange, where this would suggests to me season 7 is on the NowTV 30 day catchup service, where after 30 days from the first broadcast air date in theory they should automatically drop off the NowTV catchup service system.

Should this be the case then episode 1 shouldn't be there on the NowTV system, but strangely enough it played for me.

Did you manage to reach NowTV live chat ?