cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unknown Page Error

So after the joy of failure to connect we now have the screen turning blue mid program and the message "unknown Page error" popping up.

188 REPLIES 188
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this on the hour, half hour, end of program etc. I thought I had a duff stick - it's less than a week old.

When you pay £30+ for a service you don't expect to have to keep resetting it to continue watching. Don't suppose we will get a refund for the inconvenience?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't see why we couldn't get a refund. NOWTV terms say:

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T OR CAN'T WATCH THE CONTENT YOU'VE PAID FOR?
If you're unable to watch content which you've paid for, for reasons beyond your control (like a fault with your line, or your broadband speed isn't sufficient, or due to our fault), let us know within 28 days of paying for that content so we can run a test on your line and we may give you a refund for the relevant amount.

This started on the 21st of August. Perhaps  @Simon-J could tell us if our forum postings count as notification and if not where we all need to write/email.

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

It does seem to be related to the now/next thing. It just happened after only watching for a few minutes. Next programme started at 5pm and up popped the error. All for a new interface that frankly looks a mess. Trying to copy Amazon Prime, which is strange because that interface is even worse.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This keeps happening to me too, at least 4 times per hour - so frustrating!

I have rebooted and disconnected the NOWTV box several times, but still going off.

Let's have an answer NOWTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now got a case open with Now 

trying to fix it by getting me to do loads of trouble shooting my end. You know the thing, reset your router, do a factory reset of the stick, force an  OS software update on the stick. The usual.

What difference to you think that two hours of my time made?

If it helps anyone else my problems are on two identical Now TV smart sticks model 3801 running software version 9.2.3.5136

I even tried just doing the suggested updates resets etc on only ONE stick but they still BOTH stopped working on cue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm running sky sports f1 on both sticks concurrently and they do seem to fall over exactly on the hour or half hour but it's not consistent, sometimes they will run for 90 minutes or more and they don't both fall over at the same time.

I wonder if how long a stick has been playing the channel is relevant? Has anyone else noticed any other patterns?

Tagging @Simon-J for an update please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has been playing up for weeks since the last update in August. Mine happens mostly every half hour but sometimes also happens 10 minutes and it doesnt seem to apply in my case for it too happen if i have had the channel on for a prolonged period of times as like i said sometimes it will happen 10 minutes after putting on a channel and then other times within half an hour multiple times of day. It is really starting to get on my nerves because no matter what i do whether i rest the now tv stick or rest my tv or broadband nothing helps. So because of how frustrated i get when i want to watch live tv i cant as i dont see the point in missing half of a film or show that i was watching. Something needs to be done or fixed somehow because we are all paying for services and not getting the full benefits for paying for that service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

iam same driving me mad now tv tech team sent me a e.mail at weekend it should be fixed by end of this week

noeyedeer
Scholar 2

It really shouldn't be that hard for them to figure out. It's happening when a new programme starts, though not nexcessarily on the channel you're watching. Today it happened to me at i think 5:20. It was something 20. 4:20 or 5:20. There wasn't a programme change on the channel i had on, but i looked and a new programme started at 5:20 on one of the other channels. It's clearly related to the now/next thing changing. Just log every time it happens, then see what the now/next of those times have in common. Maybe the descriptions are too long for the software coding to read or something like that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've seen this post and had the same issues since some kind of software upgrade (given the menus changed and I need to enter the pin every time I go onto it from that moment). Probably a month or more now at least.

Whether I'm watching live, on a live delay having paused or some other streaming show it will regularly drop the feed with the "unknown page error" - and no, it's not the internet connection. 

Here's what's suspicious though.

I've kept a check of the times today and these are the EXACT times my Live TV has "crashed" with this error today only.

8-00

9-30

10-30

11-00

12-30

14-30

And it's been that way EVERY day since the "upgrade". 

Coincidence? On the half hour like clockwork! 

It's clearly glitches in the system since notable changes were made so what exactly are Now TV / Sky doing about it?