cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to update Now TV stick

I have had to factory reset my Now TV stick as I had issues linking the remote control. Have had the stick for over a year with no major issues upto now. 

Upon restarting my stick I'm now unable to get past the 'let's get started page'. It accepts my WiFi connection and starts to update, but when it turns back on I'm back to square one. Must have been through it about 50 times now. Have tried with different WiFi network but it's no different.

Anyone got any other ideas seeing as I can't chat or speak to anyone!!

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody on the forum had success with your problem by rebooting their Router, where another member tried the stick on a second television, then moved the stick back to the original television that the stick wasn't working on and then the stick miraculously started to work.

If none of the above works, then if you have a smartphone with mobile data on it, use your smartphone has a wifi hotspot to see if it will connect to your stick and complete the software download.

Should the wifi hotspot method work, then once the stick has fully updated, switch off your mobile internet data and try re connecting to your Home Router once again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip @schnapps.

Have tried a different television and tethering onto my mobile phone data. 

Still no different unfortunately!

Anything else I can try?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nothing really.

You could try the stick in the second television and try another factory reset by holding in the reset button on the stick for 15 seconds.

Would have also said do a factory default reset on your Router, but using a smartphone has a wifi hotspot with the phone internet mobile data would have bypassed this already.

I have noticed in the last few weeks a few people on the forum mentioned they get stuck in the "Lets Get Started" message loop.

Unfortunately i don't know the solution if nothing in my first post didn't help.

You could try the search feature on the top of the forum screen page to see what results come back (you never know there might be a hidden solution somewhere in there).