cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edwd88
Occasional Poster

Re: Unable To Set Up TV Power Control via NOW TV Smart Stick Remote

Hey

I was reading this thread with interest because I’m having exactly the same problem with my Panasonic tv - (volume controlled by the now tv remote, but power not controlled). 

I wonder if if you could kindly share how you got yours working in the end? 

Cheers

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Edwd88

When you go into the stick menu settings under remote, pair remote, did you keep selecting that the sound doesn't stop playing option on screen until a new page appears when you are given a choice to enter your television manufacturers brand name ?

If you got to this stage and selected Panasonic, you may have to re cycle through all the sound playing prompts on screen until you accidentally find the code that matches your Panasonic TV.

I have a Panasonic TV and both my nowtv 4K smart box and nowtv smart stick remote controllers work with regards to switching on/ off the television in standby mode and adjusting the volume on the TV set.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Edwd88
Occasional Poster

Hi @schnapps

I have indeed tried both those steps. After entering panasonic I cycled through and tried every option until I'm informed that "now tv remote may not work with your TV". Several of the options allow control of the volume, but none of them control the power of the TV. Very strange.

0 Thanks
Edwd88
Occasional Poster

Hi  @WT

Just wondering if you could share how you managed to fix this? I am facing the same problem and haven't managed to get it working yet.

Cheers

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Edwd88

Don't know what else to suggest to be honest, where there is always the small possibility that the nowtv smart remote doesn't have the on & off standby codes of your television.

Perhaps if you post the model number of your Panasonic TV, then maybe if somebody owns the same television who are using the newer nowtv smart remote can confirm if they have had any success with the on / off TV standby button on the remote.

0 Thanks