cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

USB = No TV

Hello, I purchased the TV stick this week, was keen on it because I was able to plug it into the USB port on my TV freeing up a mains power plug socket, but when I plug the NOWtv lead from the stick to the USB my TV will not switch on, the standby button just flashes when I press the power button on the stick remote control  (I have paired it with my TV), but when I put the lead into the mains power plug it works, no problem - I would be grateful for any pointers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that either your TV USB port hasn't got sufficient power to drive the smart stick or on some older TV's the USB port was for service use only, where you may have no choice than using the supplied power adaptor.

You could try looking in your TV settings if the USB port is setup for hard drive recordings and if so play around with the settings. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that either your TV USB port hasn't got sufficient power to drive the smart stick or on some older TV's the USB port was for service use only, where you may have no choice than using the supplied power adaptor.

You could try looking in your TV settings if the USB port is setup for hard drive recordings and if so play around with the settings.