cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two stick updating software and builds differently?

We've got two Smart Stick in the same house and same network. Both are software 9.2.3 but the builds (and UI) differ, 5136 and 4136.

I now have two sticks with different user interface and despite frequent refreshes to update them, they persist on different software builds. 

Can anyone assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firmware rollouts are usually done in batches based on the device serial numbers, so i would expect your second stick to get the new firmware update in the next possible 24 to 48 hours.

You could try a forced software update on the second stick, just in case the firmware is ready to be installed.

Try step 6 in this guide, if no joy, be patient and it should happen soon.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok, @Anonymous User here you are.

Photo 1 is the top left of the homescreen (UI).

Photo 2 is the very bottom. It’s a long screen, so it can take a while to get there, with several pauses on the way. Take a packed lunch!

Photo 3 is what you see if you press the “back” button. A shorter version of the old menu.

Note that in photo 1, the options line is no longer greyed out. And if selected offers three selections; “Home”, “Search” and “TV Listings”

F3A90EB9-528E-4D09-9D64-4CA6F42AAFA8.jpeg9C320C9A-CF02-415B-B752-BDA99E667441.jpegCF041E8F-1225-466D-949A-33F3D1FE275E.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cool, thanks for taking the time to post them!

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No problem. Glad to help.

Steve411
Scholar

Hi,

I have tried to update using the secret screen to from 4136 to 5136 on my other two sticks. Only one of my three has updated  to 5136. They say update from 4136 to 4136, so I am assuming I just wait until those sticks are in the phased roll out.
Weirdly if you look at the update on the 5136 using the secret screen, it says update from 5136 back to 4136, so I’m not touching that one, just curious as why it says to backdate?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any photos of the new now tv app UI. I have seen the new UI in the home screen.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Any photos of the new now tv app UI. I have seen the new UI in the home screen.

Hi @Anonymous User 

There are indeed images of the new UI they are on the first page of this topic 😉

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New UI look looks pretty good does it feel better to use ?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It does, actually. Once you figure out the shortcuts, it works extremely well. For instance, take the watchlist. You could scroll right until you get a show all button. Or you could just click on the left-most button to jump straight into the familiar watchlist.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

Glad to hear it I am

hopeful the Apple TV App development continues if not I will get a NowTV Stick nice to know they are making improvements. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else have the update for their sticks??