cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two stick updating software and builds differently?

We've got two Smart Stick in the same house and same network. Both are software 9.2.3 but the builds (and UI) differ, 5136 and 4136.

I now have two sticks with different user interface and despite frequent refreshes to update them, they persist on different software builds. 

Can anyone assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firmware rollouts are usually done in batches based on the device serial numbers, so i would expect your second stick to get the new firmware update in the next possible 24 to 48 hours.

You could try a forced software update on the second stick, just in case the firmware is ready to be installed.

Try step 6 in this guide, if no joy, be patient and it should happen soon.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firmware rollouts are usually done in batches based on the device serial numbers, so i would expect your second stick to get the new firmware update in the next possible 24 to 48 hours.

You could try a forced software update on the second stick, just in case the firmware is ready to be installed.

Try step 6 in this guide, if no joy, be patient and it should happen soon.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried the forced update but they still stubbornly remain different builds, but the same software version. Any ideas?

Steve411
Scholar

I just think it is a case of waiting for the firmware update to 5136 for each batch of serial

numbers. 

Steve411
Scholar

Hi,

I have 3 NowTV sticks and one has updated but the other 2 have not. 
I tried this but they remain on the older version and the new updated ones says it will go back to the older version if I perform this update, they will eventually update I’m sure, so I’m leaving it. 

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity is there a new user ui on updated stick??

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the NowTV app is the new UI in the updated software, hence you will no longer find it listed under MyApps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will this be coming to the now tv boxes also?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yes, but at present it’s a phased release. It’ll get there eventually. Once the powers that be are satisfied that the beta testers didn’t miss any faults in our 5 months of testing then I expect the release schedule to be ramped up.

Of course, the boxes are no longer made, so it might take longer for them to get the new software.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any photos of the new UI?